SURPRISE STARTS OF WEEK 6 GUARANTEED FF-WIZARD #1 ADVICE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

SURPRISE STARTS OF WEEK 6 GUARANTEED FF-WIZARD #1 ADVICE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cliff Harris » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:22 pm

Football Newbie wrote:... but dont you think he feels embarressed enough with all these people laughing at him. Common now have some decency ...

He had nothing to lose. He was only registered as a guest. It's a shame in a way because I enjoy posts like those. But from a guest it doesn't really mean too much. GET REGISTERED and then make some predictions and we'll talk about putting your rep on the line.

This cat won't lose any sleep.
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby zombiez » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:24 pm

VHawk15 wrote:I'm really glad that guy posted here. I was wondering if I should start Couch over McNair and since the expert clued me in, I'm starting Couch. I wonder if he thinks I should start Stallworth over Harrison...
.........lol......bet you won't be sending da wizard a thank you card anytime soon hawk
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sun Oct 12, 2003 9:31 pm

Zombiez wrote:
VHawk15 wrote:I'm really glad that guy posted here. I was wondering if I should start Couch over McNair and since the expert clued me in, I'm starting Couch. I wonder if he thinks I should start Stallworth over Harrison...
.........lol......bet you won't be sending da wizard a thank you card anytime soon hawk

He was being sarcastic.....He was just joking....or maybe you were too?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby NDIrish02 » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:59 pm

haha, ouch, Nostradamus huh?
NDIrish02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:14 am

Budman wrote:Couch ....127 yds, no TDs and no Ints. Should have played Trent Green! He only had 400 yds, 3 TDs and 0 ints!

AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! Somebody give me a gun....
to shoot the Wizard!!!

Let us all now turn to
The Weasel Guide To Fantasy Football
Page 34, Rule #42, where it clearly states:
"Upon receiving unsolicited advice from an outside source including or inferring such words as "sleeper", "sure-thing", 99 or 100%: RUN"
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:22 am

That's the Wizzard clause, right Weasie? Where is the Wizzard anyway? Probably preparing to hand over thenumerous ff titles he has amassed over the years with his prognastication skills. For womeone to go oh-for-three after a 99% ave. over the years is extrodinary. Kind of like anyone deciding to listen to a self-flaggellating poser. Thanks for coming out, Wiz.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

The wizard won't be back

Postby guest9 » Mon Oct 13, 2003 8:38 am

Don't hold your breath on a reply. "The Wizard" is just another bait, meaning he is probably the owner of a pay-for-predictions web site that goes onto a bunch of fantasy chat sites and makes long shot picks. Then, when he hits on one, he offers the readers of that chat room a 'password' to get into his site, which of course will charge money for his 'great' picks. He then just ignores all the other sites where his long shots didn't pay off. It's a pretty standard scheme, you guys should have recognized it earlier. Don't ever give anyone money for what seems like impressive picks.
guest9

Friendliness: %

Re: The wizard won't be back

Postby Cliff Harris » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:49 am

guest9 wrote:Don't hold your breath on a reply. "The Wizard" is just another bait, meaning he is probably the owner of a pay-for-predictions web site that goes onto a bunch of fantasy chat sites and makes long shot picks. Then, when he hits on one, he offers the readers of that chat room a 'password' to get into his site, which of course will charge money for his 'great' picks. He then just ignores all the other sites where his long shots didn't pay off. It's a pretty standard scheme, you guys should have recognized it earlier. Don't ever give anyone money for what seems like impressive picks.

Boy do I feel dumb.
Cliff Harris
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

a little math.

Postby matmat » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:33 am

just thought I throw this in...

since his picks were 99% sure, that means that 1/100 times he would be wrong on each one of them, so the probability that he would be wrong on all of them is 1/1000000... I guess that means that he will not be wrong on all of them for the next

1000000/17 years = about 59000... years...
guess we better listen to him the next time he posts... O:-) O:-) O:-)
How is my typing? Call 1-555-382-5968
Many posters could benefit from this.
matmat
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk