Kennison, Eddie - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kennison, Eddie

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kennison, Eddie

Postby DbacksAllTheWay » Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:53 pm

Do you guys think Kennison can continue to play well once Trent Green comes back?
DbacksAllTheWay
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby mrblitz » Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:01 pm

I think he will continue to play well. And I do not believe that Trent is going to come back.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bobbing_headz » Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:58 pm

mrblitz wrote:I think he will continue to play well. And I do not believe that Trent is going to come back.

Trent is coming back. Edwards said that when he's healthy he will play. As for Kennison, I don't see much of a change in his production. Kennison never really was great with Green in previous years.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby sportsaddict » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:53 pm

Kennison is one of the most underated WR in the NFL. He's not flashy and he doesn't put up huge numbers, but hes a consistent WR that you know you can count on. He's better in real life than in fantasy with his consistency, toughness, and "workmanlike" attitude. That said, he's a fine 4th WR and a shaky 3rd WR; I would feel comfortable spot starting him on occasion and using him as an insurance policy.

Look for more of the same the rest of the way.
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:06 am

I don't see why they would play Trent. Huard is playing very well, stick with him.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mweir145 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:52 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I don't see why they would play Trent. Huard is playing very well, stick with him.

You don't see why they would play Trent Green over Damon Huard? :-?

I mean one is the top-rated passer in team history, and has been a top starter in this league for years, and one is a career back-up...guess which one is which.

Admittedly, Damon is doing great right now, but does anybody really expect him to keep this up?
mweir145
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Ricky_Christ » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:18 am

I'm sure they'll plug Trent back in, I just hope they wait until he's really REALLY ready...they can't afford any games with a faltering QB or an unecessary QB controversy.

I think Kennison will produce at about the same level regardless of Huard/Green. He's one of those solid guys who seems to fly under the radar every season, a nice #3 when the matchups are hot and good insurance on the bench in case of injuries.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dgan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:40 am

mweir145 wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:I don't see why they would play Trent. Huard is playing very well, stick with him.

I mean one is the top-rated passer in team history, and has been a top starter in this league for years, and one is a career back-up...guess which one is which.

Admittedly, Damon is doing great right now, but does anybody really expect him to keep this up?

Hmm...let's look around the league. One was the best QB in 30 years on his former team, the other was the underachieving face of an NFL laughing stock. (Culpepper/Harrington)

One had an undefeated regular season, a superbowl ring, and the best QB rating under pressure than any QB in the league. The other never amouted to anything and couldn't take a starting job away from Tommy Maddox. (Roethlisberger/Batch)

One is the toughiest, gutsiest QBs in the league who is a darn good passer. The other, most people have never heard of. (Leftwich/Garrard)

You start a guy based on production, not on credentials. I'm a Trent Green guy, but you don't mess with the chemistry Huard has got going.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby mweir145 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:21 am

dgan wrote:
mweir145 wrote:

Hmm...let's look around the league. One was the best QB in 30 years on his former team, the other was the underachieving face of an NFL laughing stock. (Culpepper/Harrington)

One had an undefeated regular season, a superbowl ring, and the best QB rating under pressure than any QB in the league. The other never amouted to anything and couldn't take a starting job away from Tommy Maddox. (Roethlisberger/Batch)

One is the toughiest, gutsiest QBs in the league who is a darn good passer. The other, most people have never heard of. (Leftwich/Garrard)

You start a guy based on production, not on credentials. I'm a Trent Green guy, but you don't mess with the chemistry Huard has got going.

You'd advocate benching Trent Green, a guy with nearly a career 90.0 passer rating, in favor of Damon Huard? It's not like Green has even shown signs of slowing down at all. And besides, the Chiefs really don't need a QB controversy like this on their hands, especially if they are in the playoff race. When he's ready (and the Chiefs should really make sure he's fully ready before allowing him to come back), he should get his job back. That shouldn't even be a question.

And those examples you gave...the reason for all of those other controversies was performance. It wouldn't be the same case here.
mweir145
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby dgan » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:31 am

mweir145 wrote:
And those examples you gave...the reason for all of those other controversies was performance. It wouldn't be the same case here.

Really? I thought all those QBs were also coming off injuries?
Hey, if Green's bell is no longer ringing and he can step into midseason form, then so be it. But the guy played sparingly in the preseason and didn't complete a regular season game. Essentially, he hasn't played a meaningful regular season game in almost a full year. I'm not saying you're wrong...I'm just saying it isn't as cut and dry as you're making it out to be.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk