Grab Oakland D. Heavy rain and wind Mon. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Grab Oakland D. Heavy rain and wind Mon.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FFPlayinMoFo » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:01 pm

Alkaholik wrote:I would say the Seattle D is a much much much better start, but starting Oaklands D wouldnt be such a bad idea.
FFPlayinMoFo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:47 pm

Alkaholik wrote:I would say the Seattle D is a much much much better start, but starting Oaklands D wouldnt be such a bad idea.

I gracefully disagree. This will be a game of FGs and maybe a goaline opportunity, and I trust Fargas/LaMont more than Maurice Morris to pound it in.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ateam » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:22 pm

ummmm...doesn't Seatle have a retractable roof??

Either way, hawks def. a much better play than Raidahs.
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby a4ce » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:30 am

While the Seahawks D would be a better play, they are usually off the WW whereas the Raiders D would probably still be there where you could pick them up for a sneaky play. Seattle playing without Hass and SA and Engram and an o-line that has seen better days and the weather not looking so nice could mean cha-ching for the Raiders D. I sure hope so. Picked them up so I could sit NEP D against the Colts.
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:00 am

Is it ever NOT raining in Seattle? If there was any team in the NFL I would trust to take care of the ball in the rain, it would be Seattle...

This is kind of like suggesting that we should bet against Buffalo because it's snowing...

That said, I do think Oakland will have a decent day, but I'm still taking Seattle's D over Oakland's in this one...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:44 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Is it ever NOT raining in Seattle? If there was any team in the NFL I would trust to take care of the ball in the rain, it would be Seattle...

This is kind of like suggesting that we should bet against Buffalo because it's snowing...

That said, I do think Oakland will have a decent day, but I'm still taking Seattle's D over Oakland's in this one...

That's a solid assessment, however it's a little different right now than normal. Having lived in Seattle for the last 25 years I can say that this rain is far worse than normal. Plus, there's a ton of wind whipping around. I can see the stadium from where I work so I know exactly what the conditions are right now and I have to think both teams' passing game is going to suffer tonight.

As for the retractable roof question, that's our baseball stadium, not the football stadium (they're right across the street from one another).

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:56 pm

The weather up here has been crazy the last 4 days, hasnt stopped raining and the wind has been 30 MPH+......already have flooding in front of my house, this weather hasnt let up and it isnt for the next 3 days, hopefully it wont be this bad inside the stadium.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:58 pm

biju wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:Is it ever NOT raining in Seattle? If there was any team in the NFL I would trust to take care of the ball in the rain, it would be Seattle...

That's a solid assessment, however it's a little different right now than normal. Having lived in Seattle for the last 25 years I can say that this rain is far worse than normal. Plus, there's a ton of wind whipping around. I can see the stadium from where I work so I know exactly what the conditions are right now and I have to think both teams' passing game is going to suffer tonight.

As for the retractable roof question, that's our baseball stadium, not the football stadium (they're right across the street from one another).

-M

Sounds to me like those conditions might favor the more mobile QB... I'm guessing Wallace has the advantage over Walter...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:14 pm

As an owner who is facing Randy Moss in multiple leagues.... Here is to a wet and wild, defensive battle, turnover-fest. ;-D
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby ateam » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:03 pm

a4ce wrote:While the Seahawks D would be a better play, they are usually off the WW whereas the Raiders D would probably still be there where you could pick them up for a sneaky play. Seattle playing without Hass and SA and Engram and an o-line that has seen better days and the weather not looking so nice could mean cha-ching for the Raiders D. I sure hope so. Picked them up so I could sit NEP D against the Colts.

In my very deep 14 team league both DEFs were on our WW, and I had #6 spot and I knew the manager w/ the #5 spot needed a DEF.

The bufoon took OAK, and I was completely shocked that I ended up with SEA in my inbox! Their remaining schedule is STUDLY!

Oh and 19 points for me thus far before the half is Suh-weet! ;-D
I hate LJ Smith!
ateam
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk