Is it just me? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is it just me?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is it just me?

Postby Petey » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:26 am

Or do you think Maddox is going to have a big game.

I'm not really a big Steelers fan or anything, but I can foresee a big game for Maddox. If the Steelers are any good at all, they'll have to play a strong game. Denver is reeling a little after their first loss and now Plummer is a little banged up. Plus, Maddox is going back to the place that shunned him so long ago.

Well, I'm starting him in one of my leagues and am expecting 300 yards and at least 2 td's. Am I crazy?
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dalej » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:37 am

its just you...Maddox has come back to reality...this is the NFL, not XFL 8-o
Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?
dalej
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: Is it just me?

Postby slowkidz » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:42 am

petey wrote: Am I crazy?

just lookin at the PB your wearing, I can tell your a few cans short of a 6 pack....hehehe ;-)
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:12 am

Slowkidz wrote:

just lookin at the PB your wearing, I can tell your a few cans short of a 6 pack....hehehe ;-)

Yeah, about 5 cans.... ;-D

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Petey » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:29 am

hey, maybe I am crazy. As for the cans, there's a reason I'm short, I drank them all... ;-D

You have to be down before you rise up and that's just what I think Maddox will do this week. I'm still starting him.
Petey
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby big shot » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:37 am

I dont expect much from maddux this week , but before the years is over he will turn it around . do not drop him
big shot
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:03 pm

Slowkidz wrote:

People in Brown buses shouldn't throw six packs! It doesn't seem like too long ago you were sporting a nifty bag yourself, Slow! lol.

I think Maddox will ahve a respectable game; 200 yards, 1-2 TDs. The Steelers will probably try to get the run game in gear to take the pressure off of their beat up D, so I doubt that he will come out slingin'.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Challie » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:16 pm

Maddox is starting to make me think of another rescued-from-the-slab-heap-recent-success-story who looks done after a relatively brief moment in the sun: Kurt Warner.

I don't think there's any point in dropping Maddox for something like Nate Burleson or anything, you need to hold on and hope for the best, but Maddox owners all need to be at least going to Plan B for the time being.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby slowkidz » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:21 pm

moochman wrote:People in Brown buses shouldn't throw six packs! It doesn't seem like too long ago you were sporting a nifty bag yourself, Slow! lol.

so true...so true....but i got to take it off once Maddox flopped!!

and we normally dont throw cans off the bus (we have a recycle bin in the back near the kid with braces...), but we tend to throw off the whiny kids who don't sit down at railroad crossings.... ;-)
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:37 pm

petey wrote:You have to be down before you rise up and that's just what I think Maddox will do this week. I'm still starting him.

OK, but why did you make the post then?
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk