Reggie Bush - most overhyped, overrated player in history - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reggie Bush - most overhyped, overrated player in history

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby sportsaddict » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:06 pm

Why did everyone think Bush was going to make an impact in the league immediatley? Give him some time. He'll become a good NFL player for years to come.

However, I do agree he was overhyped coming in to the season. People were saying the Texans had just passed up on a future hall of famer, when he hadn't even played a down yet. So in a sense he is overated but I wouldn't call him a bust just yet.
Last edited by sportsaddict on Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheDiplomats » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:07 pm

Bush is a fantasy bust..nothing more really needs to be said.

Maybe if he becomes a WR in the future, he may have some fantasy value..but otherwise..I'm still laughing at everyone who took him over guys like Maroney and DeAngelo Williams.

Bush may be a pretty good player and attract defenses, but for all fantasy purposes, he's awful.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:10 pm

In one of my leagues, an owner took Bush with the 8th overall pick in the first round. Try to guess what his standing is in the league right now.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby BrutallyHuge » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:12 pm

beanoX3 wrote:In one of my leagues, an owner took Bush with the 8th overall pick in the first round. Try to guess what his standing is in the league right now.

First?
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:12 pm

I would say theres a few other Rook RB's that we shouldnt forget could very well end up with better stats than Bush this season

-Leon Washington
-Mike Bell
-Wali Lundy
-Maurice Jones-Drew
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Nov 05, 2006 5:36 pm

It's far too early to call Reggie a bust. It's his first season in the league, so let's not get too opinionated here.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby jdsun1 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:37 pm

10 rushes for -5 yards today and no goaline carries. He's a good wideout and thats about it.
jdsun1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cobra333 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:55 pm

I've been saying it for awhile:Bush isn't going to cut it as a RB.Maybe a WR but not a RB.

And don't critize people who state the obvious.Almost everyone said that sooner or latter Bush would be the Saints RB over Duece.
cobra333
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:18 pm

There's no way that through 9 games you can call Reggie Bush a bust. He's not even starting. He's done OK with the limited amount of touches he's getting. Let's see him in the starting role for a full year before calling him a bust. People are so quick to make a decision on players after only a few games. Eli Manning sucked at the end of his 1st season when he started a few games. Last I looked he's done pretty well since. Ron Mexico had 2 good games (passing) in a row and some Atlanta fans were calling for him to be the NFL MVP this year. Of course he crashed back down to earth today. Reggie Bush might end up being a bust in the NFL. But you can only start calling him a bust after he gets the chance to start and fails. Calling him a bust after 9 games playing part time is just ridiculous.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Bowie » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:55 pm

flotsamnjetsam - You can't compare the learning curve of QBs and RBs. QBs are supposed to struggle early. RBs are supposed to struggle with pass protection at first, but you can usually tell pretty early on if they can run the ball.
I am so smart. S-M-R-T
Bowie Beginner
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk