ESPN leagues not crediting SDG defensive TD vs. Browns - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

ESPN leagues not crediting SDG defensive TD vs. Browns

Moderator: Football Moderators

ESPN leagues not crediting SDG defensive TD vs. Browns

Postby monkey69 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:10 pm

In a ESPN league
-- had the SDG defense - anyone notice that ESPN did not credit them with the fumble recovery and defensive TD?

-- do they usually correct this or do we need to talk to our commishioner?
16-teams - 1pt per 10yds rush/receive, 1 pt per 25 yds pass,No PPR
QB(1): Orton,Leftwich,Leinart
RB(2): Jones-Drew, Grant, Cadillac, L Washington, J Davis, Bernard Scott
WR(2): R. White, V. Jackson
TE(1): D. Clark, J. Finley
K(1): Gould
Def(1): BALT,GNB
monkey69
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: ESPN leagues not crediting SDG defensive TD vs. Browns

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:20 pm

monkey69 wrote:In a ESPN league
-- had the SDG defense - anyone notice that ESPN did not credit them with the fumble recovery and defensive TD?

-- do they usually correct this or do we need to talk to our commishioner?

Should be fixed by ESPN eventually. If not the commish needs to contact them about it.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby TaDa » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:39 pm

They should fix it, but I personally am not going to hold my breath. Last week, I was tied with another guy at 134. On Thursday morning, suddenly he was up 135 to 134. ESPN credited the KC defense with 2 sacks and they only had 1. I emailed them twice and they just sent back form responses of "things can change until Saturday morning. Thanks for the email" and never fixed it. I had to manually adjust the scoring to put the game back at a tie.

Most likely, they will credit the TD. If not, have your commish adjust the scoring to +6 to the team that had the Bolts D. Since I have the Chargers D, I may have to just let it slide so that it doesn't look like I'm manually adjusting scoring to my advantage week after week.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby TheFilthySide » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:27 pm

They should fix it, but I personally am not going to hold my breath. Last week, I was tied with another guy at 134. On Thursday morning, suddenly he was up 135 to 134. ESPN credited the KC defense with 2 sacks and they only had 1. I emailed them twice and they just sent back form responses of "things can change until Saturday morning. Thanks for the email" and never fixed it. I had to manually adjust the scoring to put the game back at a tie.

They probably did get 2 sacks. I find it hard to imagine that ESPN would bother changing the stats to incorrect numbers. Doesn't make sense. It's called a stat correction, not a stat incorrection. Point is, I think you're screwing your league-mate. Actually, I just checked on nfl.com and Derrick Johnson is credited with 2.0 sacks against Seattle.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/5 ... elogs/2006
TheFilthySide
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby thriftyrocker » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:42 pm

ESPN is notorious for not getting DST stats right until Monday morning. But they are always right eventually. Has happened to me twice this year alone.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby RenT » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:07 am

TheFilthySide wrote:

They probably did get 2 sacks. I find it hard to imagine that ESPN would bother changing the stats to incorrect numbers. Doesn't make sense. It's called a stat correction, not a stat incorrection. Point is, I think you're screwing your league-mate. Actually, I just checked on nfl.com and Derrick Johnson is credited with 2.0 sacks against Seattle.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/5 ... elogs/2006

Yea I hope you change that back... Yahoo! and ESPN have it listed as 2 sacks as does nfl.com under player stats. The actual wrong spot is the nfl.com box score which only lists 1 sack. I'd hate to see your opponent kept out of the playoffs with a false tie.
RenT
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TaDa » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:38 am

This is the official stat sheet from the Gamebook:

PASSING ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
S.Wallace 30 15 198 1/5 3 49 2 76.8

Every site that I've looked at shows the Chiefs having 1 sack. The only place that I see it different is on Johnson's player sheet.
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:32 pm

TaDa wrote:This is the official stat sheet from the Gamebook:

PASSING ATT CMP YDS SK/YD TD LG IN RT
S.Wallace 30 15 198 1/5 3 49 2 76.8

Every site that I've looked at shows the Chiefs having 1 sack. The only place that I see it different is on Johnson's player sheet.

Yahoo, has the game sheet listed as 1 sack...but the D and D.Johnson were credited with another sack after the game and the stat correction was made. I can't believe the league hasn't thrown you out of office.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby More Complete » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:34 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:Yahoo, has the game sheet listed as 1 sack...but the D and D.Johnson were credited with another sack after the game and the stat correction was made. I can't believe the league hasn't thrown you out of office.

RawDAWG where is your paper bag buddy? You lost. Bag up. :-t
More Complete
More Complete
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheRawDAWG » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:37 pm

More Complete wrote:
TheRawDAWG wrote:Yahoo, has the game sheet listed as 1 sack...but the D and D.Johnson were credited with another sack after the game and the stat correction was made. I can't believe the league hasn't thrown you out of office.

RawDAWG where is your paper bag buddy? You lost. Bag up. :-t

Done. Sorry, just slipped my mind...maybe because it was a game I need to forget.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk