Owning Reggie & Marvin? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Owning Reggie & Marvin?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Owning Reggie & Marvin?

Postby Matthias » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:19 pm

So here's a thought: what do people think about owning Wayne & Harrison as two of your WRs? It seems that they rack up pretty good production out of them, but sometimes it's skewed one way or another. This week it looks like it's Marvin's turn, last week it was Reggie's. So if you owned both of them, you would have great numbers and great consistency.

Opinions?
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benb18a » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:24 pm

Well, you would be all but guaranteed a great game from one of them. I think its worth it if you can start 3 WRs. Its much better than taking a gamble and not getting anything from two WRs. Ive seen some 3 WR teams in my league score less than 5 points from all of their WRs, and if I owned both they would be in my lineup every single week. Although this may be biased since I was up by 80 points last week, and my opponent with Manning/Wayne came back to beat me by 2. :-#

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:28 pm

benb18a wrote:Well, you would be all but guaranteed a great game from one of them.

This is kind of what I'm thinking.

There's been some weeks but both of them have had average weeks, but in the weeks that one of them really had a fall off, the other completely blew up. So basically they would act as a hedge to each other. In a snake draft league, you'd have to take them pretty close to each other, probably within a round. But it wouldn't be tough to do in an auction or if you had one at this point of this season, you could make an effort to pull in the other.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:36 pm

Nothing wrong with that. Even on one of their "off game", if one nabs 100+ yards and multiple tds, the other gets a good 70 or 80 yards, maybe even a TD. Last week was an exception; not every team has a shut down corner like Bailey.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:36 pm

Tried it last year. Vs SF (who was TERRIBLE last year) I got under 100 combined yds and no scores from them, so I gave up on that strategy.

Keep in mind neither Wayne nor Harrison had a TD until Week 5 this year.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kilroy » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:15 am

JasonSeahorn wrote:Nothing wrong with that. Even on one of their "off game", if one nabs 100+ yards and multiple tds, the other gets a good 70 or 80 yards, maybe even a TD. Last week was an exception; not every team has a shut down corner like Bailey.

Even last week with Marvin doing very little if you average his and Wayne's numbers together you'd have very solid stats. This week it was Marvin with the big day, but once again the average would give you two solid performances. I've never owned them both, but I wouldn't have any problem doing so. For every rule (too many eggs in one basket) there's an exception (that's an awfully big basket).

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby tianyi86 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:14 am

Owning both will get you 200 combined yards and 2 td, about every week. Not bad if you can find a good #3 wr.
tianyi86
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby X Man » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:48 am

I had a similar situation last year when I had Manning and Marvin, It paid off big time during the regular season, But hurt me big time when Dungy benched them after they had everything wrapped up, Then I was left without them and their numbers when our playoffs began. I will not make that mistake again.
X Man
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby chidoy » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:37 pm

How bout this little tidbit?

A guy in my big $ league got Peyton / Marv / Wayne in the draft. He started out 1-4or5 and has since gotten rid of Peyton AND Marv. I know he wished he would have stuck it out. :~(
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk