Finding a guy to play QB... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Finding a guy to play QB...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Finding a guy to play QB...

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:51 am

So far this year, I had 5 different QBs start in the first 7 weeks(Kitna is now my starting QB). I feel like I just should've shelled out the money in my auction draft to get a decent QB... Anybody else ever have to stick it out like this at QB, mixing and matching guys to no end? and how has it worked out? Basically, how important do you guys believe the QB position is in the draft?
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mattb47 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:02 am

Well, look at this year so far. You could have gotten guys like Bulger and Brees in the mid rounds and guys like Kitna, Rivers, Grossman, Romo, Huard, Leinart, etc very late or off the WW once the season began. It may have hurt you a week or two, but if you were quick enough, you could have gotten one of the better starting QBs for this season in these guys.

QBs are not very important draft wise...only Peyton and McNabb have lived up to being drafted so highly and even then you can get other guys who will be somewhat close. You can never tell who the big time guys will be at QB, so that in itself lowers their overall draft value.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:47 am

I've gone through Delhomme, Plummer, Leftwich, Grossman, Rothliesberger, and McNair. Currently, only Delhomme and Grossman are still on my roster and I had originally drafted Delhomme and Lefty. Started Grossman and he stunk it up yesterday. I hope the bye week pulled Delhomme out of his funk because I'm sick of playing QB roulette.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:48 am

The only QB in fantasy worth drafting early is Peyton Manning... He's the only one who is consistent enough year in and year out to trust him with a high draft pick... Every year there is a different guy who emerges as a stud to compete with Manning, but rarely does anyone else repeat that performance year after year after year...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Mon Nov 06, 2006 1:57 pm

Only draft a QB early if you're feeling lucky. Sure, if you had taken McNabb in the 5th, you'd have looked like a genius, but you could have just as easily taken Palmer there and struggled just as bad.

Kitna is a good start the rest of the year. He has tough games against NE and CHI, but some cakewalks too. Don't be afraid to buy into a mediocre QB in a great situation.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:50 pm

I'm right there with ya. I drafed C-Pep and Warner. But I did notice Alex Smith has a favorable schedule down the stretch. Might be worth a look if your league rules don't penalize too much for QB turnovers.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=296330
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby pokeyjoe » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:09 pm

I play in a league with two QBs, and I didn't choose any qbs till late in the draft. So far I have started Culpepper, Green, Carr, Walters, Seneca Wallace, J. Harrington, D. Gerrard, and I think a couple of others. I think it's important to have at least one solid guy that will always get you 150 yards and a touchdown, and then you can gamble on everyone else.
pokeyjoe
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk