Comments from Pats Players After Losing to Colts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New England Patriots

Comments from Pats Players After Losing to Colts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Comments from Pats Players After Losing to Colts

Postby madaslives911 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:46 am

:-o :-P :,-(

too bad that Pats has to lose that way.

here are some comments from Patriots players after the game:

Safety Artrell Hawkins
On how the secondary was affected with Rodney Harrison out
"He is a good player. Obviously, we didn’t expect to lose him in the first couple plays of the game. He prepared all week to play. It was a big blow when he was out, but we have to make the adjustment and be professionals about it and make the plays we need to make."

Cornerback Ellis Hobbs
On Marvin Harrison's touchdown catch
"That is why Marvin is Marvin. We were jawing a little bit. I made my play and he made his play. He made better ones. Even if I had a good hand on my left side, I don’t think I could have gotten that. Peyton [Manning] and Marvin have this connection where he put it where no one else can get it. He almost put it so well that even Marvin couldn’t get it. I guess his little skinny frame and length on him got him the ball. That happens … good plays happen. My hats off to him."

Linebacker Tedy Bruschi
On how frustrating it was to stop them and then get a penalty called
"You can’t give them anything. You can’t give the Colts anything because they are an offense that can get plenty on their own. When you give them gifts like that, especially when you have third down stops it just keeps their drives going. You have to play more clean than that. That is something that we have prided ourselves on to not get penalties and turnovers and both of those things didn’t go well for us tonight."

On how the team will regroup
"We go to work. We come back in tomorrow and go to work and get ready for the Jets. It is really simple. We put this one behind us. It hurts right now to lose a game like that. It is a rivalry with that team in the other locker room, especially to see Adam [Vinatieri] kick for them and everything. You want to beat this team. For them to come in here and beat us, it hurts a little bit. You have to put it behind you and come in tomorrow. It has to be fast because we have to get back to work and we dive back into our division again this week."

Center Dan Koppen
On the turnovers and how they affected the game
"Five turnovers against that team, you are not putting yourself in good odds to win the game, especially with that offense that they have. With the two-minute drive … Kevin [Faulk] has the surest hands on the team and he makes that play 10 out of 10 times usually. It is one of those things where it wasn’t happening. That is our fault. They made enough plays to win and game and we didn’t."

Receiver Troy Brown
On breaking the team's receiving record
"It doesn’t feel very good right now. We lost the game so that’s really the only thing on my mind right now. I’m going to go home and think about that for the rest of the night, and try to get myself ready to go for next week against the Jets."

On when breaking the record will set in
"When I’m done playing. Tonight wasn’t a good night. There’s nothing to be happy about right now. We lost. I told everybody that it wouldn’t mean much if we lost the game. That’s where we stand right now. Maybe it will be something that I look back on when I’m done playing, but right now I’m not too happy about the outcome."

On the taunting penalty
"I still don’t know what happened. He apologized to me. I told him that the ball boy was standing right next to him, and I usually toss the ball to the ball boy after I get up off the ground. It’s what I’ve done my whole career. Later on at the end of the first quarter, he apologized to me. He said, ‘if I made a mistake, then I apologize,’ and I said, ‘You did.’ I don’t know the reason for it. For me to get up and throw a ball at somebody ... common sense would tell you that a player’s not going to just stand up, look at the ref and throw the ball right at the player’s head. He called it, but we overcame it. We had that big play down the sideline to get us out of that jam. It wasn’t a good call, but I guess he was just doing his job."

QB Tom Brady
On the Chance to Tie
"It is frustrating. I think we had a great opportunity there at the end. We were at the 45-yard line maybe, going in with a lot of time left. The two minute drill is something we are pretty good at. The two minute at the end of the half wasn’t very good and the two minute at the end of the game wasn’t very good. We will try to do it better next time."
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:58 pm

I give Brady a lot of credit for not calling out his recievers like he has done in the past.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Return to New England Patriots