8-0 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Indianapolis Colts

8-0

Moderator: Football Moderators

8-0

Postby Indys_time » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:40 am

Wow unbelievable win. Starting 8-0 again like last year. Don't know if we can keep it up to 13-0 like last year, but wow so far so good. And a great win against the Pats. And unlike last year. We are beating the best teams to go undefeated.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:49 pm

Wow. It's hard to top how exciting the Denver game ended up being, but this one takes the cake. Amazing game for the Colts on both sides of the ball. Brady was looking an awful lot like the old Manning when the two teams used to play each other, while Manning was looking like Brady. Very refreshing to say the least. I think we might be in their heads just a bit. Hopefully, we'll be ready for them again in the playoffs! Bob Sanders certainly does help the run defense a bit and there's no question that the four picks have to inspire confidence in the Colts defenders.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:01 pm

Wait until the playoffs, Patriots will get their revenge. And to what was said about Brady looking like the old Manning in the matchups, Manning's poor play was his fault, only 1 INT was Brady's fault, and he really has no one to throw to.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:26 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Wait until the playoffs, Patriots will get their revenge. And to what was said about Brady looking like the old Manning in the matchups, Manning's poor play was his fault, only 1 INT was Brady's fault, and he really has no one to throw to.

Excuses, excuses. Leave it to a Pats fan to talk like this isn't a team sport. ;-7 You make it a point to say that only one pick was Brady's fault. The game is played because everyone on the field matters. Sure, the four picks weren't all Brady's fault, but they were all the TEAM'S fault. And, since you Patriot fans like to talk so highly about how much you rock as a team, maybe you should recognize how much you guys didn't play well as a team for once. You're right, Brady really has no one to throw to. Do you honestly think it's going to get much better when the playoffs come around? The Colts still aren't peaking yet and we're undefeated. Sanders is back, McFarland is making his presence felt. What are you going to do? Plug in Jabar Gaffney at wideout to make your team better? Just admit that you lost to a better team and let's get on with it. Right now, you best concentrate on winning your division and getting a first round bye, not talking about what might happen IF you see us in the postseason.

Nice bag, BTW. ;-)
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Indys_time » Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:33 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Wait until the playoffs, Patriots will get their revenge. And to what was said about Brady looking like the old Manning in the matchups, Manning's poor play was his fault, only 1 INT was Brady's fault, and he really has no one to throw to.

Excuses, excuses. Leave it to a Pats fan to talk like this isn't a team sport. ;-7 You make it a point to say that only one pick was Brady's fault. The game is played because everyone on the field matters. Sure, the four picks weren't all Brady's fault, but they were all the TEAM'S fault. And, since you Patriot fans like to talk so highly about how much you rock as a team, maybe you should recognize how much you guys didn't play well as a team for once. You're right, Brady really has no one to throw to. Do you honestly think it's going to get much better when the playoffs come around? The Colts still aren't peaking yet and we're undefeated. Sanders is back, McFarland is making his presence felt. What are you going to do? Plug in Jabar Gaffney at wideout to make your team better? Just admit that you lost to a better team and let's get on with it. Right now, you best concentrate on winning your division and getting a first round bye, not talking about what might happen IF you see us in the postseason.

Nice bag, BTW. ;-)

^^^ :-b ;-D True that. BTW first try to meet the Colts in the playoffs. If the Colts get the #1 seed and a first round bye then the Patriots would have to fight for a #2 or #3 spot. Who knows if they can beat the Broncos, Ravens, or Chargers?
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Warhawk » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:26 pm

Maybe ya shoulda kept Branch then, eh? I see he got a touchdown on MNF with Seneca Wallace throwing to him.
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:43 am

This might very well be the quietest 8-0 start in a long time. And I do agree that I don't think you've hit your peak yet. I live in Indiana (and go to school here), so the Colts have been one of the teams that I have always cheered for when they weren't playing my Steelers. With my steelers not looking so hot, I'm pulling for you guys to finally shut up all the nay-sayers about Peyton. Good luck guys! ;-D
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Nov 09, 2006 6:21 pm

mattb47 wrote:This might very well be the quietest 8-0 start in a long time. And I do agree that I don't think you've hit your peak yet. I live in Indiana (and go to school here), so the Colts have been one of the teams that I have always cheered for when they weren't playing my Steelers. With my steelers not looking so hot, I'm pulling for you guys to finally shut up all the nay-sayers about Peyton. Good luck guys! ;-D

Thanks, Matt. ;-D I'll be the first Colts fan to admit, I didn't want Indy to make it to the Championship game last season on the heels of a bad non-interception call and a Bettis fumble. Hopefully, we can join your Steelers as Super Bowl Champs come February. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to Indianapolis Colts