Mike Shula... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Mike Shula...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mike Shula...

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:34 am

It's looking like Shula is going to finish the season having only beaten:

1) Hawaii
2) Vandy
3) LA-Monroe
4) Duke
5) Ole Miss
6) FL International

OUCH! With his only SEC wins over Vandy and Ole Miss, is anyone else thinking he may be done? I know here in Birmingham, they're starting to gather up tar and feathers...

I'm thinking he has to beat BOTH Auburn and LSU (on the road) to keep his job... Not bloody likely...
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:36 am

I don't know man, he had a great year last year and this was kind of a rebuilding year without croyle and prothro still being injured. I think they will give him one extra year to show what he can do.
Image
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18976
Joined: 15 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: On an Island

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:46 am

I live in Birmingham, too, and I'm getting mixed signals from my coworker 'Bama fans (and my group is full of them). Most seem to be taking it in stride calling it a rebuilding year but 'Bama's performances against the weaker teams have not made them happy.

My guess is that he gets another year to see if they can do well next season, but if he doesn't make a drastic turnaround in 2007 it could be the beginning of the end.

Also remember - going 6-6 and beating Auburn is the same as a going 11-1 and losing to Auburn in the fans' eyes. :)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2387
Joined: 6 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:57 am

Gunslinger wrote:I live in Birmingham, too, and I'm getting mixed signals from my coworker 'Bama fans (and my group is full of them). Most seem to be taking it in stride calling it a rebuilding year but 'Bama's performances against the weaker teams have not made them happy.

My guess is that he gets another year to see if they can do well next season, but if he doesn't make a drastic turnaround in 2007 it could be the beginning of the end.

Also remember - going 6-6 and beating Auburn is the same as a going 11-1 and losing to Auburn in the fans' eyes. :)


Yeah, that is true... But I don't see Shula beating Auburn... The Bama fans here at my office are all looking like someone ran over their prized pig today... And I've heard several of them call for Shula's dismissal this morning...

I didn't know you lived in B'ham... I was wondering who the other non-Auburn non-Bama fan was... ;-)
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:11 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Yeah, that is true... But I don't see Shula beating Auburn... The Bama fans here at my office are all looking like someone ran over their prized pig today... And I've heard several of them call for Shula's dismissal this morning...


Yeah, the loss to MSU changes things a bit. Being behind to Duke at half didn't help things, either.

Plindsey88 wrote:I didn't know you lived in B'ham... I was wondering who the other non-Auburn non-Bama fan was... ;-)


LOL - yeah, that would be me. I love watching peoples' expressions here when they ask whether I'm for Auburn or Alabama and I reply "neither". They just get this blank, confused look on their face.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2387
Joined: 6 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby ShoelessJoe » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:12 am

I was under the impression that they just wanted to fire their offensive coordinator up there in Tuscalossa. Keep in mind Shula got a team last year to way overachieve. There has to be some kind of grace period after that season... and he did beat UT last year too.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1621
Joined: 1 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gainesville, FL

Postby VaderFin » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:43 am

I'd say Shula sticks around till Alabama sucks again next year then he gets fired.
Image
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 7030
Joined: 10 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: In my Tie Fighter blowing up Rebels

Postby Gunslinger » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:57 am

Well, we just had a short discussion on the subject and the guys I was talking to blamed the OL. One guy brought up their strength and conditioning coach, as well, he said they looked winded.

I agree with VaderFin, I think Shula's safe this season.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2387
Joined: 6 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:14 am

Gunslinger wrote:Well, we just had a short discussion on the subject and the guys I was talking to blamed the OL. One guy brought up their strength and conditioning coach, as well, he said they looked winded.

I agree with VaderFin, I think Shula's safe this season.


You must have much more forgiving co-workers than I do... :-b
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:11 pm

Alabama will beat Auburn and all will be well again for a little while.
Image
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Posts: 8495
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Titletown, FL

Next

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 6:14 hours
(and 41 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact