Prefer Mario or Bush the past 5 games played? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Prefer Mario or Bush the past 5 games played?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Prefer Mario or Bush the past 5 games played?

Postby skinsfan » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:13 am

Past 5 games played:

Mario Williams: 4.5 sacks, 13 tackles
Reggie Bush: 47car, 82 yd (1.7avg), 27rec, 173yd (6.3avg) 0TD, 1FumL

Just opening the floor to discussion...
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:25 am

Is it really a question? People aren't talking about it right now, but Marion Williams is showing that he deserved to be the first pick, and Reggie Bush is helping him by playing horribly. Right now Mario is looking like defensive rookie of the year to me, and there are possibly offensive rookies who deserve the award a lot more than Bush (marques colston, leon washington, gradkowski, maroney, joseph addai, Mike Bell maybe, Owen Daniels, etc.).
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:32 am

Mark Anderson: 7.5 sacks, 12 tackles
Joseph Addai: 105 car, 490 yd (4.7avg), 19rec, 144yd (7.6avg) 3TD, 1FumL
Lawrence Maroney: 107 car, 458 yd (4.3avg), 10rec, 109yd (10.9avg), 3TD, 0FumL

Basically saying that the #1 and #2 overall draft picks are being outperformed by lower picks, particularly Anderson, the Bears 5th round pick. But I'm ignoring each players' situations. Top draft picks usually go to bad teams and their numbers usually reflect that.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby skinsfan » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:38 am

beanoX3 wrote:Mark Anderson: 7.5 sacks, 12 tackles
Joseph Addai: 105 car, 490 yd (4.7avg), 19rec, 144yd (7.6avg) 3TD, 1FumL
Lawrence Maroney: 107 car, 458 yd (4.3avg), 10rec, 109yd (10.9avg), 3TD, 0FumL

Basically saying that the #1 and #2 overall draft picks are being outperformed by lower picks, particularly Anderson, the Bears 5th round pick. But I'm ignoring each players' situations. Top draft picks usually go to bad teams and their numbers usually reflect that.

I mainly brought up the first two picks because of how much heat Houston took for not taking Bush. Now, I still think that Bush was the better pick for Houston, because they had no dependable back at the time (Saints, on the other hand, already had Deuce). But I think this proves that the disparity between Bush and Williams wasn't as extreme as most analysts would have you think (not Bowie and Jordan here exactly).

I don't expect either to by a ROY, I think Colston has the Offensive locked up, and I'm sure there are a couple guys proving themselves for the Defensive.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:12 pm

skinsfan wrote:I don't expect either to by a ROY, I think Colston has the Offensive locked up, and I'm sure there are a couple guys proving themselves for the Defensive.

I think the Texans do have the D.R.O.Y., but it isn't Williams... I don't know how anyone could think Demeco Ryans isn't the front runner for that honor...

58 solo tackles (leads the NFL)
15 assists (top-30 in the NFL)
2.5 sacks (15th in the NFL)

Hell, forget D.R.O.Y., he's working on Defensive MVP...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:34 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
skinsfan wrote:I don't expect either to by a ROY, I think Colston has the Offensive locked up, and I'm sure there are a couple guys proving themselves for the Defensive.

I think the Texans do have the D.R.O.Y., but it isn't Williams... I don't know how anyone could think Demeco Ryans isn't the front runner for that honor...

It's kinda funny that both teams, the Saints and the Texans with the #1 and #2 overall picks, have a different rookie on their teams that are headliners for the ROY awards. Colston has a much better claim to the OROY and Ryans has the better claim to the DROY.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:39 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:

you must be drunk to think any texan is going to win defensive mvp. espescially a guy with 2 sacks. and it's probably not hard to lead the league in tackles when teams are running it down your throat all day.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:42 pm

Yesterday was the first time I watched a whole game of Mario. I realize you can't make judgements based on one game but I was surprised at how unimpressive he is against the run. Kiwanuka appears to be better against the run. Mario is an absolute monster rushing the QB. Very impressive in that regard but he dissapeared at times. Maybe just a one game thing, I don't know. Ryans played great. That play where he stopped Jacobs in the backfield was impressive.
Amazinz
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:12 pm

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

you must be drunk to think any texan is going to win defensive mvp. espescially a guy with 2 sacks. and it's probably not hard to lead the league in tackles when teams are running it down your throat all day.

2.5 sacks through 8 games is not at all bad for a guy that plays middle linebacker... And how can you possibly say that a kid who leads the league in tackles as a rookie is not at least a contender for DROY... Tell me, who do you think is more deserving?

Oh, and BTW... In 2004, Jonathan Vilma won DROY with the following stats FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR:

77 solo tackles (Demeco is on pace for 116)
31 assists (Demeco is on pace for 30)
2.0 sacks (Demeco is on pace for 5.0)

Both play MLB...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:28 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:

2.5 sacks through 8 games is not at all bad for a guy that plays middle linebacker... And how can you possibly say that a kid who leads the league in tackles as a rookie is not at least a contender for DROY... Tell me, who do you think is more deserving?

Oh, and BTW... In 2004, Jonathan Vilma won DROY with the following stats FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR:

77 solo tackles (Demeco is on pace for 116)
31 assists (Demeco is on pace for 30)
2.0 sacks (Demeco is on pace for 5.0)

Both play MLB...

I believe he said defense MVP, not DROY ;)
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk