Prefer Mario or Bush the past 5 games played? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Prefer Mario or Bush the past 5 games played?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:43 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
skinsfan wrote:I don't expect either to by a ROY, I think Colston has the Offensive locked up, and I'm sure there are a couple guys proving themselves for the Defensive.

I think the Texans do have the D.R.O.Y., but it isn't Williams... I don't know how anyone could think Demeco Ryans isn't the front runner for that honor...

58 solo tackles (leads the NFL)
15 assists (top-30 in the NFL)
2.5 sacks (15th in the NFL)

Hell, forget D.R.O.Y., he's working on Defensive MVP...

you must be drunk to think any texan is going to win defensive mvp. espescially a guy with 2 sacks. and it's probably not hard to lead the league in tackles when teams are running it down your throat all day.

2.5 sacks through 8 games is not at all bad for a guy that plays middle linebacker... And how can you possibly say that a kid who leads the league in tackles as a rookie is not at least a contender for DROY... Tell me, who do you think is more deserving?

Oh, and BTW... In 2004, Jonathan Vilma won DROY with the following stats FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR:

77 solo tackles (Demeco is on pace for 116)
31 assists (Demeco is on pace for 30)
2.0 sacks (Demeco is on pace for 5.0)

Both play MLB...

I believe he said defense MVP, not DROY ;)

OK, well last year Brian Urlacher won DMVP from the MLB position... Let's look at his stats:

97 solo tackles (Demeco on pace for 116)
24 assists (Demeco on pace for 30)
6.0 sacks (Demeco on pace for 5.0)

Now, I realize the Texans' defense is pretty bad, and the odds are slim of Demeco winning it because of that, but from a statistical point of view, he'll have better stats than last year's DMVP, and probably will have better stats than any other defensive player this year...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:11 pm

the timing of those plays is more important the quantity of them. Urlacher makes game changing plays in big games...I never heard of this ryan guy before.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:22 pm

Well lets just remember one thing, Although Bush isn't putting up great numbers, he also isn't starting. So his time on the field is limited because he's not a starting back.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:28 pm

BigMusky wrote:the timing of those plays is more important the quantity of them. Urlacher makes game changing plays in big games...I never heard of this ryan guy before.

You must not be paying attention... :-b

He was, at one point, projected to be a top-15 pick in the draft, but slipped to the early second round, where the Texans got a STEAL... He was one of the superstars of the Senior Bowl, and most scouts compared him to Derrick Brooks (slightly undersized, but in on every tackle)... If the guy was 15 pounds heavier he would have been a top-10 to top-15 draft pick last year, and you most certainly would have heard of him... But, I guess this begs the question whether or not he would be the explosive player he is at a heavier weight...

To sum up Ryans briefly, he's the kind of guy that doesn't have all the measurables that you look for at the position, but he has all the intangibles by the boat load... He's not the physical beast that AJ Hawk is, but he plays with his head... He won every academic award offered to college athletes at Alabama, and he'll be a perennial pro-bowler for the next 10-15 years...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsaddict » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:08 am

Mario Williams definitley is the best when it comes to mocking the New York Giants stupid jump shot celebration ;-D

I hate that celebration with a passion
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:42 pm

Mario is not playing like a 1st round pick, let alone the #1 pick.

While Bush is not putting up awesome fantasy stats, he actually is an impact player on the field.

Do the draft over again based on rookie performances thus far, and I still think Bush deserves to go #1.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:44 pm

Demeco Ryan has been a stud since the start of training camp in Houston. Just ask anyone who plays in IDP leagues, the guy was a targeted prospect very early. MLB position put him on the map, and if you watched him play in the preseason you saw the huge potential the guy had.

There is really no surprise at all that he is producing the way he is. He is one of those guys that the pros missed on due to measurables that is going to turn out to be a playmaking force in the league for years. Brian Urlacher has the luxury of playing on a defense with 6+ probowlers at a vartiety of different positions. I swear, the media hypes this guy up like none other. He is not even the best defensive player on his own team. Maybe not even the #2 best player.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Previous

Return to Football Talk