Greatest Play You Have Ever Seen - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Greatest Play You Have Ever Seen

Moderator: Football Moderators

Greatest Play You Have Ever Seen

Postby brdmaverick » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:27 am

I wasn't into football long enough to get into those Cowboy-Niner rivalries, but I was wondering what some of the greatest plays you have ever seen in the NFL.

To name a few I would have to go with:

Dante Hall's insane TD catch last year where he did a stop and spin type thing ( I don't know what or how he did it, but it was awesome).

Adam Vinaiteiri kicking the Super Bowl winning 48 yard field goal in the Super Bowl (as a Pat's fan I must put that in).

Michael Vick's overtime TD run against the Vikes in which two Vikes defenders collided with each other.
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby 9er Fan » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:51 am

Barry Sanders. Take your pick. Greatest play as a 49er fan: Young to Owens against GB in a wildcard game (1997?). No time on the clock, Young slips, regains his balance and hits Owens for a 30 yard game winning TD pass.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Champ » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:19 pm

Antonio Freeman's amazing get tangle up with the DB, bobble, fall to the ground, bounce off the feet, get up and score catch. Talk about concentration.
The Champ
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Randy Moss

Postby blueonion » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:21 pm

1998, Thanksgiving Day. I think Moss had 3 catches, 157 yards and 3 touchdowns.

The Play that blew me away was:

1) Randy Moss lines up wide
2) Randy Moss takes a jab step forward but then turns to the QB
3) Randy Moss catches the ball on the line of scrimmage.
4) Randy Moss sprints down the sideline untouched.

It was such an amazing display of speed, my mouth just dropped to the floor. All 11 defenders had good pursuit angles on him, but nobody laid a hand on Moss.

This is just 1 of many I have. I will post others if others post...I don't want to crowd the thread.

The BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Randy Moss

Postby kid a » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:23 pm

blueonion wrote:1998, Thanksgiving Day. I think Moss had 3 catches, 157 yards and 3 touchdowns.

The Play that blew me away was:

1) Randy Moss lines up wide
2) Randy Moss takes a jab step forward but then turns to the QB
3) Randy Moss catches the ball on the line of scrimmage.
4) Randy Moss sprints down the sideline untouched.

It was such an amazing display of speed, my mouth just dropped to the floor. All 11 defenders had good pursuit angles on him, but nobody laid a hand on Moss.

This is just 1 of many I have. I will post others if others post...I don't want to crowd the thread.

The BlueOnion

Against Dallas right? I was playing against him that day. :(

At least the food was good.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:35 pm

The Champ wrote:Antonio Freeman's amazing get tangle up with the DB, bobble, fall to the ground, bounce off the feet, get up and score catch. Talk about concentration.

^^
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:40 pm

1999 Wildcard Game between the Bills and the Titans...

16 seconds on the clock... Steve Christie hits a 41-yard field goal to put the Bills up 16-15...

Buffalo lines up to kick-off, the ball pops up high instead of squibbing like you would expect... Blocker Lorenzo Neal catches the ball and pitches it back to Frank Wycheck, the Titans leading receiver... Wycheck fades right with the ball and draws the whole kicking team with him... He stops dead, and throws a backwards pass across the entire width of the field to Kevin Dyson standing on the left sideline.... Dyson, with a wall of blockers, sprints 75 yards up the sideline into the endzone... The play then gets reviewed because the pass back was very close to a forward pass... After several tense moments of review the play is called a touchdown, game over, Titans advance...

The miracle play had been drawn up by the special teams coach before the season...

2 games later the Tennessee Titans are in the Superbowl...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kid a » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:43 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:1999 Wildcard Game between the Bills and the Titans...

16 seconds on the clock... Steve Christie hits a 41-yard field goal to put the Bills up 16-15...

Buffalo lines up to kick-off, the ball pops up high instead of squibbing like you would expect... Blocker Lorenzo Neal catches the ball and pitches it back to Frank Wycheck, the Titans leading receiver... Wycheck fades right with the ball and draws the whole kicking team with him... He stops dead, and throws a backwards pass across the entire width of the field to Kevin Dyson standing on the left sideline.... Dyson, with a wall of blockers, sprints 75 yards up the sideline into the endzone... The play then gets reviewed because the pass back was very close to a forward pass... After several tense moments of review the play is called a touchdown, game over, Titans advance...

The miracle play had been drawn up by the special teams coach before the season...

2 games later the Tennessee Titans are in the Superbowl...

For the record, it was a forward pass, and a horrible call from the refs that cost the Bills their season.

IIRC, the NFL admitted it was an error.
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:47 pm

kid a wrote:For the record, it was a forward pass, and a horrible call from the refs that cost the Bills their season.

I take it you're a Bills fan... Well, I never heard that, but I'll take your word for it....

You do have to admit it was a helluva play, though.... :-)

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kid a » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:50 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
kid a wrote:For the record, it was a forward pass, and a horrible call from the refs that cost the Bills their season.

I take it you're a Bills fan... Well, I never heard that, but I'll take your word for it....

You do have to admit it was a helluva play, though.... :-)

No, not a Bills fan, but I did have a small wager on Buffalo that game...

It was awhile ago, but I'm pretty sure the NFL sent out one those apologies to Buffalo over the blown call. I remember a sportscaster on the radio Super Bowl Week, talking about how the Titans and Rams had gotten there simply because of terrible officiating. (the Rams/Bucs "trap" situation, the "illegal" Music City Mircale)

And everything aside, definitely a helluva play!! :)
kid a
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk