Greatest Play You Have Ever Seen - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Greatest Play You Have Ever Seen

Moderator: Football Moderators

I do like to....

Postby blueonion » Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:43 pm

I do like to make post that are not recent or easily identified but Orande Gadsen's one-handed grab last year is hard to shake from my memory.

The BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Fun Topic

Postby NFLknowitall » Fri Oct 10, 2003 1:57 pm

I'm glad no one has bashed this topic, we all love football and this thread brings back a lot of great memories.

I'm old, the AFC Playoff game of Chargers vs. Dolphins that was 21-0 Chargers then the Fins came roaring back. But the great play was the Dolphins pitch right before halftime. You guys know the one.

I can't believe that one post of the guy at the Cal vs. Stanford game! That might never happen in football again. That was so intense with 7 or 8 laterals for the td and the player running over the band member in the endzone. Great Googlie Mooglie!

One last one that we never saw. One of the greatest receivers was Don Hutson back in the 1940's for the Packers. Back then the goal post were shorter and in the front of the enzone. According to spectators, Don Hutson was running out for a pass, the ball was thrown behind him. He jumps up, wraps his arm around the goal post, spins around the goal post and catches the ball in the air for the td! Amazing! Wish they had video of it.

Thanks.
NFLknowitall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby wizbang » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:21 pm

Mentioned once above, but I have to say Bo Jackson running through Brian Bosworth is my favorite play of all time. Both players were super hyped and EVERYONE wanted to see them go head to head. We got all that and a bag of chips!

It was also such a significant play in that....

The Bos tanked it from there on out. Sure nobody can say that this one play was the cause but it's cool to think that is was! I, along with most everyone else, thought the Bos was going to be a pure stud.

On the flip side I realized that Bo Jackson was (and still is) the best pure running back I have ever seen. I knew that only injury could slow this man down. :( He had it all!! The speed of Charlie Garner. The power of Jamal Lewis. That hard cutting ability where he seemed to actually GAIN speed by making a cut (Tomlinson does this). Truly amazing.
wizbang

Friendliness: %

For the record

Postby blueonion » Fri Oct 10, 2003 2:29 pm

General managers, coaches and players have only recently started coming out of the wood work about Brian Bosworth.

Many of them who watched Bosworth game film and such recognized his talents and that he was doing things on the field that have never been done before. His athletic ability and instincts were apparently so good, many thought he would have been one of the best was it not for his shoulder injury.

We will never know, but even those who speak highly of him now admit they would never have spoken highly of him back then because he was so cocky.

The BlueOnion
blueonion
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Randy Moss

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:52 pm

blueonion wrote:1998, Thanksgiving Day. I think Moss had 3 catches, 157 yards and 3 touchdowns.

The Play that blew me away was:

1) Randy Moss lines up wide
2) Randy Moss takes a jab step forward but then turns to the QB
3) Randy Moss catches the ball on the line of scrimmage.
4) Randy Moss sprints down the sideline untouched.

It was such an amazing display of speed, my mouth just dropped to the floor. All 11 defenders had good pursuit angles on him, but nobody laid a hand on Moss.

This is just 1 of many I have. I will post others if others post...I don't want to crowd the thread.

The BlueOnion

The Bills vs Titans championship game kickiff was good, but I have to go woth my man Moss....Best WR...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby AF » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:58 pm

I'm a Browns fan but I have to admit, 2 years ago the Bears comeback with that last second hail mary. That catch was amazing, then the play that ended the game in OT... 2nd OT INT for TD in 2 weeks for whoever the hell that guy was too. Another great play.
[b][color=blue]Owner of Absolutely Fabulous:[/b][/color]Miami Redhawks Defending League Champions, 10 team 2 keeper money league.
AF
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:06 pm

9er Fan wrote:Barry Sanders. Take your pick. Greatest play as a 49er fan: Young to Owens against GB in a wildcard game (1997?). No time on the clock, Young slips, regains his balance and hits Owens for a 30 yard game winning TD pass.

1998 my friend!...But if I have to go with one its Montana to Taylor to win the superbowl...calm, cool, and collective Joe throwing a strike to Taylor in the end zone with time running out to win the biggest game of them all...and yes I did watch this game!

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:12 pm

AF wrote:2nd OT INT for TD in 2 weeks for whoever the hell that guy was too.

Mike Brown.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby altproject » Fri Oct 10, 2003 4:12 pm

speaking of hail marys -- there was an awesome one back in an 80s playoff game between the falcons and the 49ers. i can't remember the play exactly, but i think billy white shoes johnson caught the ball on the 5 then danced around and fell forward to the 1 where he was finally gang tackled, and the niners won by a couple points. similar ending to the titans/rams superbowl where dyson got tackled on the 1, except that this one was a full-on hail mary (although, it wasn't the superbowl of course).

speaking of which, the end of that superbowl was an awesome play in itself.
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JrcWy » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:09 pm

The date was November 27, 1994. Marino driving the length of the field against the jets. After a completion, spikes the ball...not quite. The ball stays in his hand while everyone gives up except OJ McDuffie who basically walks into the endzone with the game winning TD reception. I think a little pice of every Jets fan died that day.
JrcWy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk