Greatest Play You Have Ever Seen - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Greatest Play You Have Ever Seen

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby bolts801 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:17 pm

Here ya go. About 3 weeks ago I was getting into my top shelf three quarters drunk to get a Glass (real glass) for some water. I lost possesion of the glass after I had control, it bounched off the hardwood counter on it's butt end and somehow did not shatter. But after all these years of being a gamer I have cat like reflex's even three quarters schloshed.

The glass proceeded to go end over end towards our ceramic tile floor ofcourse and with my left hand holding the jug of water we keep in the fridge I quickly pulled a first basemen like move and streeeeetched out for the glass and nabbed it like another cold beer tossed to me by a drunken friend in a beer commercial. Appoximately 6 inches before impact.

No witness's ofcourse except the lord above. It twas the luckiest, sweetest play ever.

:)
bolts801
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 10, 2003 8:46 pm

Montana to Clark- the catch. The beginning of the 49ers great years and the downturn for the cowboys- all wrapped up in one awesome play

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

greatist plays

Postby guest » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:04 pm

1. Miracle at the meadowlands, hated giants go down. Eagles win.
2. Cunningham knocked back 3 yards by Lawrence Taylor under full steam, touches ground with hand, stands up and throws for a reception.
3. Cunningham quick kicks on Third down for about a zillion yards wind aided.
4. Drunk skinny Santa booed.
5. Snowball fight at VET Stadium, started by Local Security Goons were seen beating up a drunk fan who earlier had run out on the field. Fans at entrance to tunnel saw this beating taking place and started pelting goons with snowballs. Later spread to rest of stands. NFL Security was on hand due to high profile Bounty Bowl threats. NFL Security attempted to remove any fan seen throwing snowballs. As the game progressed any attempt by goons to remove a fan was met by hundreds of snowballs from the stands. Goons had to retreat from the stands repeatedly Ed Rendell (Now Pennsylvania Governor) paid accomplice to throw a snowball. This is the untold story you did not get from the NFL TODAY. They did not explain why the fans were angry. They did not show the security goons being driven from the stands.

Friendliness: %

Re: Even though...

Postby terpfan » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:23 pm

blueonion wrote:Even though I hate Darrell Green (Washington Redskins), his punt return for a touchdown in the 1987 divisional round playoffs was amazing...

Some other details:

Soldier Field
Darrell Green's cracked rib

I think that was a great play athletically, but also a great play on guts alone. Being a critical playoff game on the road made it that much more special. Even as a Redskin & Green hater, I give him big props.

The BlueOnion

hey u stole mine! :,-(
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Re: greatist plays

Postby altproject » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:34 pm

guest wrote:Cunningham knocked back 3 yards by Lawrence Taylor under full steam, touches ground with hand, stands up and throws for a reception.

Yeah, I remember that one -- that was awesome.

guest wrote:Cunningham quick kicks on Third down for about a zillion yards wind aided.

I think it was actually a 90 yard punt or something, wasn't it?
20 Team League | 11-3 | 5th Place
--------------------------------------------
Q: Kitna, Flutie
R: Henry, Portis, T. Jones, Rudi, Griffin, Burns
W: Chambers, Ward
T: Shockey
K: Elling
D: Bills
altproject
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Oct 10, 2003 11:21 pm

LSU last year, the hail mary, I don't know who they were playing, but it was great...
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby awwchrist » Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:17 am

http://www.seahawks.com/MMSec.aspx?vid=60&MMSecID=9

bottom right hand corner..

Harden meets Largent.

Ats ma boy!
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TFM » Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:54 am

M_Zimm wrote:LSU last year, the hail mary, I don't know who they were playing, but it was great...

It was against Kentucky in the SEC tournament, semi-finals i believe. And that was indeed an incredible play ... though with them both being SEC teams, i was torn over who i wanted to win ... would rather they both could lose.

I'm still rather young, so my NFL experience is somewhat limited - but one of the greatest plays i've seen came in OT last year between the Falcons and the Vikes - wow - what a run. As a Bucs fan, i was trying to hex Vick the whole way ... with no avail. (though i think this was already pointed out somewhere)
"Please don't quote me in your signature" - Anonymous
TFM
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Birderdude » Sat Oct 11, 2003 9:05 am

Am I the only person here old enough to remember the Immaculate Reception? What happened on the field was crazy enough that you almost forget that it happened on 4th and ten, down 7-6, with 22 seconds left in the 4th quarter of the AFC championship game.
Birderdude
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Wesley Walker » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:55 pm

Four additions:

Flutie's TD pass in the Orange Bowl.

Iowa's multi-lateral-pass TD run with time expired in the 1980's.

John Stallworth's falling catch in the Super Bowl.

And this one REALLY hurts:
1982 AFC Championsip Game. Jets are driving and on the 10-yard-line against the Dolphins, down 7-0, Richard Todd has someone open in the end zone, A.J. Duhe deflects the pass atthe line of scrimmage, catches it, runs it 90 yards back for a TD, The Fish win it 14-0.[/b]
Wesley Walker
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 2)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk