Suggestions, team stopped playing - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Suggestions, team stopped playing

Moderator: Football Moderators

Suggestions, team stopped playing

Postby CellarDweller » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:43 pm

Our situation.... We have a team that signs on every 2 weeks sets a roster and vanishes. He doesn’t post, send emails, or return calls. The guy has a decent team and is 3 & 5 (will be 3 & 6 tomorrow). He easily could have won 6 or 7 games if he actually showed up and adjusted his roster. This is a $$$ league that uses YaHoo. The guy was brought in by one of the existing teams. This league has been around for 3 years and everyone knows each other and getting the money hasn’t ever been an issue. (Everyone pays up the week before playoffs.)

Here are my questions:
Should the commish bench all his players and lock him down for the remainder of the season? (to prevent him from continually upsetting the leagues competitive balance)
If he does get locked out, is there anyway to give the guys he already beat wins instead of loses? (to help reset the damage he created)
Does YaHoo have any setting that allows the commish the ability to put a team in last place? (this would essentilly give the 1st place team a bye in the 1st round of the playoffs)

Has anyone ever had a similar situation happen, and how was it handled?

On a side note, we have already assumed he won’t be paying. We are just looking at the best way to finish the season.
the... C e l l a r D w e l l e r
CellarDweller
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:46 pm

Just set his roster for him. Either use your own judgment on the best plays each week or use some website's highest expected pts. And then forget about it.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Stelly » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:55 pm

If he has actively set his roster (even if it's only every couple weeks), I don't think you can start changing wins and losses. They are what they are. He may have a good reason for not managing his team (it may be shocking to some of us, but there are bigger things in life than fantasy football).

Going forward you can do one of several things:

1) Kick him out, and get someone else to replace him and actively manage the team.

2) Kick him out, and use some neutral ranking to set his roster every week (total points, etc.).

3) Deal with it, and replace him going into next season.

4) Leave his roster as he last set it, and use that lineup for the rest of the year.

Just some ideas. Good luck!
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 3:58 pm

Typically the way I handle this in a yahoo league (which sucks cause you can't replace owners) is I lock his roster and decide on a website that I think has pretty good rankings (the Cafe, for example), and I use it to set his line-up every week, myself... I go straight by their rankings, so no one can complain about who is selected...

If it turns out that the guy wins the league, the second place team wins the pot...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:08 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:Typically the way I handle this in a yahoo league (which sucks cause you can't replace owners) is I lock his roster and decide on a website that I think has pretty good rankings (the Cafe, for example), and I use it to set his line-up every week, myself... I go straight by their rankings, so no one can complain about who is selected...

If it turns out that the guy wins the league, the second place team wins the pot...

Best way to do it, and really only fair way to do it in my honest opinion. Because if you bench his whole team the rest of the season, people who have already played him are at a disadvantage.

Although in Yahoo! You can go back to each week as commish and change their lineup for that week (gone by, or coming week). But the only issue with that is you dont know what weeks he did change his roster or didnt and it would be fair because you could acidently change what HIS judgment was. and theres many other reasons not to change the past.

Going forward I would try and contact him, if not either let his team be, or put in the best possible line-up the rest of the weeks, and he gets no winnings.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby CellarDweller » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:11 pm

Stelly wrote:4) Leave his roster as he last set it, and use that lineup for the rest of the year.

Yea, this is the direction I am leaning towards. If he wins and $$$ then I'll pass it onto the guy right behind him.

Any other ideas, just shout. Thanks.
the... C e l l a r D w e l l e r
CellarDweller
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Matthias » Mon Nov 06, 2006 4:34 pm

No. It's really only fair to the teams that have already played him that you adjust for injuries and best matchups and what not. Just leaving the roster as is is a bad solution.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk