What Young Players Are Going to Be keeper studs for years? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What Young Players Are Going to Be keeper studs for years?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What Young Players Are Going to Be keeper studs for years?

Postby fantasybeast27 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:44 pm

The title says it all...

What young players (1st 2nd 3rd year players) are going to be studs?

And take out the obvious ones like Kevin Jones, S-Jax, Ronnie Brown. etc

Like Colston, will he be good? Lendale White?

The reason I am asking is because at the start of my keeper league draft this year I took Lamont Jordan and Caddy with my 1st 2 picks...So I am in 9th place and have 2 1st round draft picks next year. And I am trying to get some young studs...
fantasybeast27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby saundman2000 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:51 pm

Norwood -

The only thing that could keep him back is injury.
Dunn is likely done after this season or the next.
He is the heir apparent and I think he will be a true
featured back.

Jones-Drew
-

Akin to Norwood's situation. Freddy's clock is
ticking. Yes he's only 28, but you just get the feeling.. They should get Greg Jones back next year,
but he might just be a blocker for Drew.

I think some people would put Brandon Jacobs on the list , but I don't believe he'll be the main man for NYG. I think they get somebody new more like Tiki and keep Jacobs in a short yardage/TD role.
RIDERS OF THE STORM
QB Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Matt Forte, Lesean McCoy
WR Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt
TE ?
DEF Flavor of the Week
K ?

=====> Post Feedback if my Reply Helped you
saundman2000
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:52 pm

Micheal Turner, He will be out of San Diego this season and will be a STUD where ever he goes, exception of Arizona? but they have Edge anyways.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby fantasybeast27 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:59 pm

What do you think about

Lendale White
Deangelo Willaims
Brandon Jacobs
fantasybeast27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:01 pm

How many keepers do you have year to year?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby onnestabe » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:10 pm

Maroney fits the bill. Dillon will be a free agent at the end of this year, and he doesn't seem like the type who will take much of a paycut to stay with the Pats (especially with the rookie taking touches from him).

Greg Jennings looks to be a very good big-play receiver right now. You have to be worried about Favre's retirement, but there is still a chance that Favre will be back next year. As old as Favre is, he's still playing at a very high level right now, and GB has the talent level to be a very good team in a couple years. Favre might stick around if he thinks they will contend for a SB.

Bruce Gradkowski is worth a look if you get a lot of keepers. He has a big-time arm and is mobile enough to do some damage on the ground. Gruden is an excellent offensive coach and can make a fantasy stud out of a QB (remember Rich Gannon in '02?).

I see no reason why Colston won't be good for years to come, but there is always going to be a certain degree of risk when you are dealing with young WRs. He has the talent, and I think his situation can only improve over the next few years. Bush will get better, and Devery Henderson looks like he will be able to step in (should Joe Horn retire) to give them a legitimate threat across from Colston. The biggest risk is that the Saints' defense improves. Right now, the offense can't really let up because the defense gives up too many big plays.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby biju » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:12 pm

If Thomas Jones doesn't stay in Chicago I think Cedric Benson will be a very solid RB.

I think Braylon Edwards is a solid RB away from being a very legitimate threat. Maybe Cleveland getting their O-line healthy would be good too.

Laurence Maroney and LenDale White are both likely to have good years...if they are the sole backs. I can see cases where both Dillon and Henry stick around and ruin their chances of a great year next year.

Last one: Greg Jones. A lot of people are all over Maurice J-D and while he is certainly going to be a force I just think he won't ever be "the guy" there. He's a great change of pace back, but I think the Jaguars are more of a pounding football team and Greg Jones is better at that style. Of course, neither has value if Fred Taylor doesn't retire. I could be totally wrong on this one too...

-M
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:18 pm

Joseph Addai
-Reminds a lot of people of Edge, and it appears he has what it takes to replace him. A good runner and receiver, he could pile up total yardage for years as long as Manning is there to run the show.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby skibrett15 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:03 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Micheal Turner, He will be out of San Diego this season and will be a STUD where ever he goes, exception of Arizona? but they have Edge anyways.

He will likely not be out of SD since he is a RFA. They will likely give him the middle or highest tender which would make teams pay at least a 1st rounder to get him. It isn't expensive to give him the higher tenders so I expect him to be with SD for at least another year.

Greg Jennings should be really solid in a few years, I would expect Chris Henry to really come into his own if he ends up on another team somehow (trade, getting cut). I wouldn't count on Santonio Holmes or Chad Jackson, but Sinorice Moss could be big if he gets healthy for next year.
Also, this is a long shot and he's not young, but does anyone see Damon Huard getting a starting role somewhere next year? Even perhaps in KC?
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby BlueBandit24 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:06 pm

They talked about Huard on NFL Live the other day, they made it sound as though most teams view him as a high-end backup and nothing more. He is getting old, 33, so I doubt many teams will give him the opportunity to take over the reigns.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk