What Young Players Are Going to Be keeper studs for years? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What Young Players Are Going to Be keeper studs for years?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:17 pm

skibrett15 wrote:He will likely not be out of SD since he is a RFA. They will likely give him the middle or highest tender which would make teams pay at least a 1st rounder to get him. It isn't expensive to give him the higher tenders so I expect him to be with SD for at least another year.

I think Turner is definitely out of SD if he gets the middle tender, possibly if he gets the highest. 3rd round pick is all you have to give up if he gets the middle tender and he'll be starting somewhere if that's the tender offered. But it's more likely SD offers him the highest tender and a couple teams may be willing to give up a 1st rounder for him. A team with a need for a starting RB and who is also picking late in the draft could decide it's worth their 1st rounder.

I don't know if you guys are just looking at this year's rookies, but I'd say Javon Walker will be huge next year and beyond. He should be fully adjusted to Shanahan's system, if he isn't already and Plummer couldn't possibly be this bad next year, right? Eh, if he is, then Cutler should allow Walker to have a monster year.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Football

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:33 pm

fantasybeast27 wrote:What do you think about

Lendale White
Deangelo Willaims
[b]Brandon Jacobs[/b]

With Tiki retiring Jacobs looks to be the man for the Giants unless they try and get someone during the offseason. I think Jacobs is keeper potential and should be successful once Tiki is gone.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fantasybeast27 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 8:54 pm

Well it is a contract league, so the keeper # is a set number, but I want to acquire some young studs before they get good. So just looking to see who is expected to perform and not perform.

I am in talkings to get Lendale White...

What is his value? What should I be giving up? A renewal (a way to renew a players contract and I have extras) He has 2 years on his contract left...
fantasybeast27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheDiplomats » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:12 pm

Jerious Norwood, Maroney, and Marion Barber are all excellent keepers.

Norwood is going to be a beast when he gets all the carries. He's got some crazy game-breaking speed. Maroney is a season away from being the featured back in NE..and he's got speed and power. I like Marion Barber because he can step in and be a stud fantasy RB when Jones gets injured.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby beastman223 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 10:40 pm

I don't think Brandon Jacobs will get the full time job in NY, with his upright running style I don't think he would be an ideal fit for the Giants running attack full time. I could see someone like Turner possibly going their and really flourishing.

Players I believe will be solid in dynasties for years to come.
Quarterbacks:
1) Matt Leinart: Hopefully AZ will shore up the leaky offensive line over the offseason and give Leinart some time to throw, with those receivers and a decent running game Leinart will be lighting up the scoreboard.

Running Backs:
1) Laurence Maroney: Should be the number one back in New England for many years to come, Dillon is getting real old, losing his effectiveness and Belichick is not one to have a terrible sense of loyalty (Branch) so if Maroney is the better back, he will see the field.
2) Kevin Jones: As he grows more accustomed to Martz and his schemes should see an even greater amount of production (think Faulk), already a top 10 fantasy back will just keep getting better.
3) Willis McGahee: Barring a major setback from this rib injury he should keep up his solid yardage numbers and hopefully with an improved offense in years to come will be able to find the endzone and should be a fantasy stud.
4) Jerious Norwood: In limited time this year has shown the ability to go the distance every time he touches the ball. With Mike Vick improving each week that should only help the running game, as the heir apparent to Warrick Dunn should see some excellent numbers in the years to come.
5) Michael Turner: Hopefully he will end up with a team like the Giants where they will be able to fully maximize the enormous amounts of potential he has shown backing up LT in SD.

Wide Receivers:
A little too unpredictable for me to make concrete picks but I'd like to say Jennings, but without Favre I'm not sold on Rogers being able to get him the ball. I really like Javon Walker and Jay Cutler to put up some serious points when Cutler and him team up possibly even next year.
Last edited by beastman223 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
beastman223
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Frozen#24 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:49 pm

I really think Jacobs will be the guy in NY. They said the same thing about LJ's upright running style coming out of college. The thing with Jacobs is, most of the time when he is in it is obvious they are planning to run and he still puts up good numbers. I think NY will get a 3rd down back but most teams have that now anyways.

Couple of other sleepers to think about
Leon Washington
Tatum or Mike Bell
Frozen#24
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby JakeTrain72 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:47 am

I think Jones Drew (can we just call him MJD please) is NOT a feature RB and that Greg Jones/Fred Taylor will get carries so stay away there.

I am not sure what to say about LenDale White. That team is rebuilding so it is tough to know just how good or bad White is. He should get more and more carries though so he isn't the worst option.

Maroney and Addai are both looking good for the next several years.

Jacobs will not be the featured RB. They have Eli and will taylor the offense to suit the passing game. Jacobs will get more carries and do well, but I don't see him being the monster everyone else does. They will bring in a RB that can catch to fit the offense better.

Leon Washington is interesting to me. He is doing well now and that O line should improve over the years as well. His coach raves about him and he has been picking Curtis Martins brain all year. I think he could be the next Warrick Dunn. He will be undervalued though so I mighht not keep him knowing I could draft him if you don't keep that many players.

Gotta throw in Calvin Johnson, Brohm, and Adrian Peterson here. All should be taken pretty high and have nice potential.

Bernard Berrian is another guy. The Bears offense seems like it is missing a piece when he isn't in there.

I like Jennings, but get scared off when I think about Favre possibly retiring.

I think Chad Jackson is worthwhile, but NE WR's will never be your #1 so only consider Jackson if you keep a decent amount of players.

I think Chris Henry is a guy you should target. He has a little TO and a little Moss in him. Will be frustrating at times when you lose him because he is suspended. Overall though I think he will be a nice WR for the next few years.

I'd add McGahee as well. He just turned like 25 and will be in his prime. That team should be adding a QB and O-line help in the off-season. If McGahee starts scoring, look out.

I'll finish this post up with Tony Romo. He has a lot of nice weapons around him and an owner that will go out and add more if needed. He has improved steadily and should get better. Not going to be on the same level as Brady, McNabb and Manning but should be in the top 10 next season.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:41 pm

This is a good thread for brainstorming for next year. Anyone else want to chime in?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:56 pm

This guy can almost be considered a veteran, but I think if Lee Evans ever got a competent QB and a better offense around him, he could be a stud. He has always had the deep speed, but has improved his short route-running and become more consistent. He has shown a nose for the endzone, a good QB could turn him into a star.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheDiplomats » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:56 am

Alot of possible FF studs could come out of college this next year and make an immediate impact.

Michael Bush, Adrian Peterson, and Calvin Johnson are a few that come to mind.
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk