Help Decide a Scoring Issue. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Help Decide a Scoring Issue.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help Decide a Scoring Issue.

Postby dogthedyslexic » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:59 pm

In my league, one matchup this week has come down to less than one point. We use IDPs, and our other players also get points for tackles. However, Fanball doesn't add points for tackles made by players other than IDPs, so if there is an issue, we are responsible for pointing out that tackles to our commissioner on NFL.com. Simple enough, right?

Here's the situation.

Team A defeated Team B by 0.83 points.
Solo tackles are worth 1.25 points.
Team B can show that Thomas Jones was credited for 1 solo tackle according to NFL.com's game stats page.
Team A started Hines Ward. According to the game stats, Ward had no tackles, but in the play-by-play, he was credited with a solo tackle of Champ Bailey in the 3rd quarter.

My question is, does NFL.com update the game stats page later in the week, or is it final? And if it is final, what makes Ward's tackle not an official tackle?

Any insight is appreciated.
dogthedyslexic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:28 pm

Tackles isn't an official NFL stat is it? I think teams track tackles themselves and post updates to their websites. I know in the CHI @ ARI MNF game, the NFL GameCenter credited Urlacher with 19 tackles, then the next day, the Bears changed the number to 25 tackles. But I dunno if NFL.com tracks the updates teams make.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Infidel » Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:45 pm

Only the NFL Official Stats are, how do I put this?, official. Their in game threads are not official. And, if Da Berz or anyone else wants to change stats for their own reasons, it means nothing.
CheeseWhiz is a great substitute for plazma.
Infidel
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BrutallyHuge » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:09 am

beanoX3 wrote:Tackles isn't an official NFL stat is it? I think teams track tackles themselves and post updates to their websites.

Tackles are not an official stat. I think what happens is that there is a guy in the press box recording tackles. The team can disagree and put more on their website.

In the Urlacher case, the non-partial guy in the press box had 19. For some reason, the Bears reviewed the film and decided it was 25 (that's quite a jump). It sounds pretty shady.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TaDa » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:01 am

In my league, we use the official NFL gamebook and play by play to solve discrepancies. If you have it set that ANY of the players in your league, not just Defensive, should get credit for a tackle, and the play by play says Ward got a tackle, then in my league, that owner would get a scoring adjustment of +1.25 because the play by play says
INTERCEPTED C. Bailey (H. Ward)
TaDa
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 100)

Postby bklik » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:20 am

TaDa wrote:In my league, we use the official NFL gamebook and play by play to solve discrepancies. If you have it set that ANY of the players in your league, not just Defensive, should get credit for a tackle, and the play by play says Ward got a tackle, then in my league, that owner would get a scoring adjustment of +1.25 because the play by play says
INTERCEPTED C. Bailey (H. Ward)

That makes perfect sense. Also, I feel it would be screwing the Ward owner huge if you didnt give him credit for that tackle.

Wow, I would be so disappointed to have a matchup lost due to a solo tackle by a wide out off a pick.
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach
Head Coach

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby dogthedyslexic » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:45 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I never knew about the gamebook, and that is great information.

As it turns out, NFL.com has updated the game stats page, so it now shows Hines Ward having one solo tackle. But the funny thing is, Fanball's live scoring messed up on one team's TEAM DEF, and after it updated, he got two more points. So instead of losing, he won by 1.17 points. Craziness.

Thanks again.
dogthedyslexic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk