My brother has just about had it with Fantasy Football - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

My brother has just about had it with Fantasy Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Nov 07, 2006 8:26 pm

Once again...instead of agitating posters about putting things in the wrong place, please use the blue button to alert us to move a thread before things get crazy. :,-(
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Football Fan » Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:16 pm

Tell him to not quit. Just get some friendly advice and tell him to do some research going into draft day, and this game (in my opinion) is mostly luck - with the help of smart draft picks, waiver pick ups, and trading. If you're in a competitive league, however, it requires a lot more skill and for the most part, it is ONLY a game and it is ONLY for fun. ;-D
Football Fan
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby TheDiplomats » Tue Nov 07, 2006 11:44 pm

niblet wrote:
EagleFan68 wrote:
BillyHallDisciple wrote:cry me a river, dude.

Wow, what an A-Hole

I post a jokin gthread about my brother venting and you have to post that.

You're such a cool dude, arncha now !

Watch out, I got 2 yellow warnings (somehow 2!) for saying a-hole. It wasnt even the real thing just a censored a-hole. Whatever though, I wear my yellow warnings as badges of honor.

I got one for calling someone stupid. ;-D
TheDiplomats
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:55 am

TheDiplomats wrote:I got one for calling someone stupid. ;-D

Oh yeah????
Well, you're a double, triple, quadruple stupid dum-dum... And so are all the mods.

whatever a yellow card is, I want one really bad....... please, please, can I have one, please?
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby R00k » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:34 am

Football Fan wrote:Tell him to not quit. Just get some friendly advice and tell him to do some research going into draft day, and this game (in my opinion) is mostly luck - with the help of smart draft picks, waiver pick ups, and trading. If you're in a competitive league, however, it requires a lot more skill and for the most part, it is ONLY a game and it is ONLY for fun. ;-D

I totally agree.
I'm 2-7 this season in my money league and I "thought" I had my best fantasy draft ever. I was totally prepared. Each week I just seem to lose by 5 points no matter how much I score.
In a "free" league together with the guys in the Madden Football league I am in, I am 7-2 but the competitiion in the league just wasnt as tough IMO.

The desire to turn it around and start winning keeps me interested. Like 2 weeks ago, someone dropped Greg Jennings when he injured his ankle. I got him in waivers and that is probably going to end up hurting someone who has to beat my measly 2-7 team to get into the playoffs. I pray I win some games late in the season. I will never give up.
R00k
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Guru13 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 9:54 am

rough seasons are something most people experience, just tell him to keep his chin up, the year is but half over. ;-D
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby EagleFan68 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:32 pm

Oh , he's not quitting,
he has just run into terrible luck this year.

We still have a weekly cash prize for high points scored.
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby benb18a » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:59 pm

He just has to understand the game is mostly about luck; especially if all the owners are pretty even as far as experience and intelligence. There are some teams that are raping the rest of their league, that I literally LOLed at on draft day. The kind of teams that you hope to play twice during the season. But they drafted players that are having monster seasons and are producing MUCH better than they ever have before, it happens.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby johnnyfb » Wed Nov 08, 2006 6:01 pm

I kinda feel this raises an important question: are there other ways to have fun with football other than fantasy leagues?

I'm not saying football itself isn't fun - it is - but are there other alternative "side games" that don't involve gambling?

One that I've been trying for the last few weeks is this play call prediction game on my cell phone. A friend of mine works for one of the companies involved, and it's a fun little program. Anybody else have any other ideas?
johnnyfb
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mysticphysh » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:07 am

Nfl Fan wrote:
TheDiplomats wrote:I got one for calling someone stupid. ;-D

Oh yeah????
Well, you're a double, triple, quadruple stupid dum-dum... And so are all the mods.

whatever a yellow card is, I want one really bad....... please, please, can I have one, please?

They're not really yellow...more like lime green. Image

And why a yellow card? That's soccer (or futball or a band). The football forum should use a yellow flag. That makes sense to me. ;-D
mysticphysh
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting