My brother has just about had it with Fantasy Football - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

My brother has just about had it with Fantasy Football

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Goatwhacker » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:14 pm

My brother says to hang in there and don't let it get you down.
Goatwhacker
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:36 pm

no reason to quit fantasy because of one bad season. look at it this way: he has a win and he's still in the playoff hunt. ive got a team that still hasn't won a single game. everyone has their bad teams and their heartbreakers; its usually a better idea to just keep it to yourself or do some deep breathing exercises. :-b
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby sickpuppy » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:25 pm

I love this game but last year mad me pshyco. I had a decent draft but every player I touched went down. We carry 16 players and I hit the wire like 29 times during the season due to injury, benching, arrest...... you name it. My league wanted to ban me from picking up players from the local team due to my "kiss of death" touch.

I ended up missing the playoffs by one game but it was actually exciting trying to put together a competitive team.

We had a guy a couple years ago that had the second highest points of the week in a losing effort 8 different times. He smoked everyone in total points but didn't make the playoffs. Now that sucks but he laughed it off because "that's fantasy football for ya".
sickpuppy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dgan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:26 pm

sickpuppy wrote:I love this game but last year mad me pshyco. I had a decent draft but every player I touched went down. We carry 16 players and I hit the wire like 29 times during the season due to injury, benching, arrest...... you name it. My league wanted to ban me from picking up players from the local team due to my "kiss of death" touch.

I ended up missing the playoffs by one game but it was actually exciting trying to put together a competitive team.

We had a guy a couple years ago that had the second highest points of the week in a losing effort 8 different times. He smoked everyone in total points but didn't make the playoffs. Now that sucks but he laughed it off because "that's fantasy football for ya".

;-D Yup. Ship hattens. That is what makes it fun IMO, is that the best team doesn't always win. I missed the playoffs two years in a row despite being top 3 in points both times. It's fun to rag on each other, though, which is why fantasy football is always more fun to play with friends (or at least people you know).

If you don't like the luck factor, just play in a league that only does total points. Personally, I think that format is lame unless you're playing for serious money -- head to head is much more entertaining.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby EagleFan68 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:42 pm

This is an update

He also has Portis

He's having a "banner" year :-t
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:34 pm

EagleFan68 wrote:This is an update

He also has Portis

He's having a "banner" year :-t

Hyesterical
He also has Gonzo
(who by the way I traded to him)

Tony Gonzalez, TE KC

News: ESPNEWS reported that Chiefs TE Tony Gonzalez (shoulder) will miss 2-to-3 weeks. Gonzalez sprained his shoulder at Miami in Week 10. Jason Dunn and Kris Wilson are expected to divvy up his duties in the interim.
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting