Is there anything unethical to this Yahoo move? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is there anything unethical to this Yahoo move?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is there anything unethical to this Yahoo move?

Postby Challie » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:27 pm

Somebody dropped Jake Plummer this week in my Yahoo league. First of all this was asinine cause he's keeping Mark Brunell on his roster, has 2 kickers and 2 defenses.

I want Plummer on my bench as I trade off QBs (had Bulger and Hasselbeck, then traded Hass in a multiplayer getting me McNabb).

I'm sixth on the waiver priority but the team that dropped me is 2nd and there's a ghost ship team in the league who doesn't make moves anymore (Marshall Faulk is still starting for him).

Here's the rub ...

The Yahoo league front pages always seem to just show the most three recent transactions (without having to jump to the View All Transactions pages). So upon seeing the Plummer drop, I immediately make three defensive player transactions -- drop Brooking for Kearse, who I dropped for Bulluck, who I dropped for Warren Sapp. By making three transactions, I pushed the Plummer drop off the main page and hopefully now it'll slip through the radar for me to grab Plummer.

Is that unethical?

As long as you don't think it is, I advise this move in a Yahoo league. Not that Plummer is going to make my season or anything. But it's something to consider when somebody does something stupid like dropping Culpepper or Edge (just saw the posting about the guy who wanted to drop Edge).
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:36 pm

I don't understand, but I am not in a Yahoo league.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby CptnCalculator » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:37 pm

I would say it's borderline, but not unethical. The only really bad thing you are doing is try to hide it from the front page, it's not like other teams can't see that you picked up Plummer in the "View All Transactions" page, which they should be frequenting anyway. I certainly would if I saw a guy make three consecutive moves.

That said, if this is a league with friends of yours in it, I would steer clear of the multiple moves after you pick up Plummer.
CptnCalculator Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:37 pm

If your league mates are too dense to click on View All Transactions, then it's their loss....

;-D Good move....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby fantasyfreak_ffc » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:38 pm

I think its a great idea. If people are too lazy to keep an eye on the available players page,and just look at the front page, they deserve to miss him.
fantasyfreak_ffc
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby VHawk15 » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:41 pm

Great move, very nice. ;-D

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Free Bagel » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:41 pm

Agreed, this is a good move on your part, and not unethical.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Buckychudd » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:41 pm

Hmmmm, interesting idea for a late waiver priority.

Slightly unethical, but fair.....if they're to lazy or inactive to look at all the transactions, F-them.
Buckychudd
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker

Postby MadScott » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:47 pm

I go with Plindsey, if they don't check the entire transaction log then too bad for them. I'll have to remember that one. I assume you pushed him down to get by the waiver period?
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Challie » Fri Oct 10, 2003 3:52 pm

I'm just trying to sneak this by cause my league only has a 1-day waiver period. Since he waived Plummer yesterday, we find out at midnight (or whenver I fire up the computer tomorrow).

What's also nice about Yahoo is on the team & couches list page when you see your waiver priority, you can also see the date of last activity for each owner. Of the 5 teams ahead of me only one has made a move in the last 20 hours, so it's probably going to be me or him getting Plummer.

This is very unlikely to work closer to game day or in a league with 2- or 3-day waiver periods.
... in my opinion, of course - but that should always go without saying.
www.bigfellas.net (home of the golf rap "On The Green")
Challie
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk