I'm Sick - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

I'm Sick

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: I'm Sick

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:22 am

That sucks man. I think somethings going around here too. The neighbor kid kept sneezing and hacking all day today and I'm starting to get some sniffles and a headache. I've been drinking tons of water in anticipation.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:26 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:That sucks man. I think somethings going around here too. The neighbor kid kept sneezing and hacking all day today and I'm starting to get some sniffles and a headache. I've been drinking tons of water in anticipation.

One more reason I don't want kids. :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:58 am

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:That sucks man. I think somethings going around here too. The neighbor kid kept sneezing and hacking all day today and I'm starting to get some sniffles and a headache. I've been drinking tons of water in anticipation.

Pros outweigh the cons my friend. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby bungle613 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:56 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:

Pros outweigh the cons my friend. ;-D

That's the truth and for a change, I just gave my son a cold. I have been very fortunate to avoid most of the colds he has brought home since starting daycare but this is a pure miserable head cold. I have felt like crap for 3 days, now the poor guy has it.

As far as a cure.. ain't one but I have had success with a product cold Cold FX. Not even sure what it is, probably eccinecia and whatever else is supposed to help all pressed into a pill. You are supposed to take 1 a day as preventative measures but when you feel a cold starting, take 3 pills, 3 times a day, then 2 pills, 3 times a day and finally 1. If you don't end up completely avoiding the cold you certainly get a lesser version of it.

The one thing i am not sure of is if it is available outside of Canada.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:53 am

Zicam. Supposed to start using it at the first onset of a cold, but any time will help. It slows down the reproduction of the rhinovirus in the nasal passages where they multiply. Whenever I feel a real cold setting in I go straight to the store and buy a bottle.

Sorry you folks are under the weather. :-/
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:23 am

Why else would I be up at 3:30? :-{
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:00 am

I very rarely get sick. Last year I had a flu that caused me to miss my first day of work (because of being sick) in more than five years, but this year I haven't had so much as a sniffle yet.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:10 am

Art Vandelay wrote:I very rarely get sick. Last year I had a flu that caused me to miss my first day of work (because of being sick) in more than five years, but this year I haven't had so much as a sniffle yet.

Me too, except it was this year that I got the bug that has been going around :-{ Myself and both our boys got it about three weeks ago, my wife somehow managed to escape it.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:58 pm

:-P %-6 stomach flu here. I've spent the entire day moving between bed and the bathroom every 20 minutes. Lovely stuff.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:23 pm

The kid's temp got up to 105 at one point yesterday. He's got strep throat now. :,-(
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk