Defense - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Defense

Moderator: Football Moderators

Defense

Postby Enviroag02 » Wed Aug 28, 2002 12:03 am

Hey I came up with an idea. Would it be a good strategy to use whatever defense is going up against the houston texans every week? Of course some of those defenses are taken already but a large majority are still left on free agency, such as jacksonville, cincinatti, new york giants. Just switch every week to which ever one is playing houston?
Enviroag02

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:26 am

might not be a too bad idea, but I dont think EVERY defense will shine against the Texans. Against the weaker defenses, they may be able to do something, and you have to watch their progress over the season, of coz. They will get a bit better, but overall it might at least not be totally wrong playing the Texans matchup!
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SolarfluX » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:27 pm

That's a pretty risky strategy, I wouldn't want to be worrying about who plays HOU every week and try to shuffle Ds to accomodate... What you might want to do instead is get two defenses from the same division (TEN, JAX, IND), since they're considered to be lower-tier anyway. ESPN ranks them at 18, 23 and 24 respectively. Then you get four games vs. HOU and 4 more against each other. You could even get all three and have six vs. HOU and rotate them against the other teams based on who has the best matchup.

I still think it's risky.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk