can I hold on long enuf for my evil plan in playoffs?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

can I hold on long enuf for my evil plan in playoffs??

Moderator: Football Moderators

can I hold on long enuf for my evil plan in playoffs??

Postby BradtheImpaler » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:01 pm

i have the #1 waiver position in my league, and in this season thru yahoo unless i pick up a player on waivers, i will stay there all season long......so the other day in the shower(yes i even think about fantasy football while im washin my butt!) i was thinking that if i can keep from making a waiver move all season, that come playoff time i could pick up and drop everyones back-up running back on sunday morning of the playoff games in week 15 and 16....so if someone like stephen davis goes down then im assured of getting the backup dashaun foster and having yet another rb and keeping my opponents from having them........

how unethical is that..... :-b

alls fair in love, war, and fantasy football......
actually cause im my recent fabricated scam, i may pick up some of my backups of my studs so that nobody can sniper anything out from under me.

i seriously doubt i would actually do this, but....it made me let out evil laughter just thinking about it....... my friends would be sooo pissed.
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:11 pm

im not really sure how much it would help u... its not worth not making a pickup all season just on the hope that someones backup goes down during the playoffs.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby BradtheImpaler » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:15 pm

yeah its really quite silly, a super hypothetical type thing....our league is very competative some 95 % of the time when a player is dropped he is a scrub, and then id have to win my playoff games and thats iffy, and then a big name player would have to go down to injury........more of an idea actually that just put a grin on my face....i seriously doubt it would actually happen.....but it made me laugh, just cause there are always ppl that spend way too much thought trying to figure out new ways to hose over the league.
Angel Corpse, Vader, Vital Remains, Morbid Angel, Krisiun, Malevolent Creation, Dying Fetus, Misery Index, Satyricon..........

"Anything less would be uncivilized"
BradtheImpaler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby moochman » Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:52 pm

Get some help.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Homeless » Fri Oct 10, 2003 9:24 pm

heh, well it would pay you to do that if you missed a pickup like L.Gordon or better yet a guy who will replace a stud for the rest of the season.

Also, im not sure you can use you waiver wire move on more than 1 player. I could be wrong on that though.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Re: can I hold on long enuf for my evil plan in playoffs??

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:06 pm

BradtheImpaler wrote:i have the #1 waiver position in my league, and in this season thru yahoo unless i pick up a player on waivers, i will stay there all season long......so the other day in the shower(yes i even think about fantasy football while im washin my butt!) i was thinking that if i can keep from making a waiver move all season, that come playoff time i could pick up and drop everyones back-up running back on sunday morning of the playoff games in week 15 and 16....so if someone like stephen davis goes down then im assured of getting the backup dashaun foster and having yet another rb and keeping my opponents from having them........

how unethical is that..... :-b

alls fair in love, war, and fantasy football......
actually cause im my recent fabricated scam, i may pick up some of my backups of my studs so that nobody can sniper anything out from under me.

i seriously doubt i would actually do this, but....it made me let out evil laughter just thinking about it....... my friends would be sooo pissed.

I don't see the point. You will have missed out on guys like Shipp and Gordon. I wouldn't hope that a guy goes down, you never know when a guy will get hurt.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk