College Hoops Anyone? Final Four Projections... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

College Hoops Anyone? Final Four Projections...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:03 pm

UNC, Florida, Pitt, OSU
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: No Morrison? No problem for Gonzaga!

Postby sportsaddict » Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:27 pm

aldridg6in wrote:
Sandrock wrote:Another poor showing by UNC. Although they looked absolutely god awful there is a lot they can build on. The next 2-3 years are gonna be scary for the NCB landscape if UNC doesn't have any early NBA defections. Oh and Tyler getting stuffed like that made me excited for Basketball season again.

Yes, UNC looked terrible, but I'm not as worried about losses now as I will be in March. They need to learn that talent alone is not going to win games for them. They kind of slept through the first half and then 10 minutes of the second before actually playing. Roy will get that problem corrected by the time March rolls around. It's been an odd first couple of weeks to the season with so many top teams losing and/or struggling.

I think UNC plays with a sense of entitlement- almost as if they think that because they are UNC, they should win without trying. When I watch UCONN play I feel like this too. They don't seem to be playing with any passion, although I'll admit that Hansborough is a very hard worker and a hustler, I do respect that. But these other guys, Brandan Wright, Tywon Lawson, and others seem to be taking everything for granted, and that bothers me.
sportsaddict
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:03 pm

sportsaddict wrote:
aldridg6in wrote:
Sandrock wrote:Another poor showing by UNC. Although they looked absolutely god awful there is a lot they can build on. The next 2-3 years are gonna be scary for the NCB landscape if UNC doesn't have any early NBA defections. Oh and Tyler getting stuffed like that made me excited for Basketball season again.

Yes, UNC looked terrible, but I'm not as worried about losses now as I will be in March. They need to learn that talent alone is not going to win games for them. They kind of slept through the first half and then 10 minutes of the second before actually playing. Roy will get that problem corrected by the time March rolls around. It's been an odd first couple of weeks to the season with so many top teams losing and/or struggling.

I think UNC plays with a sense of entitlement- almost as if they think that because they are UNC, they should win without trying. When I watch UCONN play I feel like this too. They don't seem to be playing with any passion, although I'll admit that Hansborough is a very hard worker and a hustler, I do respect that. But these other guys, Brandan Wright, Tywon Lawson, and others seem to be taking everything for granted, and that bothers me.

I agree- thats why I think Mike Krzyzewski is such a good coach- Duke players, although I am by no means a Duke fan, always plan with passion, and they never take a play off- that is why they are good every year, while teams like UCONN and UNC are usually only really good when they truly have the best talent.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby eman » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:44 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
I agree- thats why I think Mike Krzyzewski is such a good coach- Duke players, although I am by no means a Duke fan, always plan with passion, and they never take a play off- that is why they are good every year, while teams like UCONN and UNC are usually only really good when they truly have the best talent.

That's why I'm a Duke fan. Nothing beats a team that gives their all every game no matter their competition, and doesn't take their "prestige" for granted.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:48 pm

eman wrote:

That's why I'm a Duke fan. Nothing beats a team that gives their all every game no matter their competition, and doesn't take their "prestige" for granted.

I will definatly give you that- it would be fun being a Duke fan, but I jsut can't force it.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby aldridg6in » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:08 pm

eman wrote:

I hate to break it to you but it's not the program, it's the players in it. Last year UNC definitely did not have the best talent and finished 2nd in the ACC and made it to the 2nd round of the tournament after not being ranked in the preseason top 25. This year, they've got 3 players ranked #1 at their position coming out of high school. These players haven't played with much passion yet. I haven't seen that problem with the rest of the roster.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby CC » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:19 pm

eman wrote:

That's why Duke's best teams were when they had #1 overall pick Elton Brand, #3 overall pick Grant Hill, and #2 overall pick Jay Williams right?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:27 pm

CC wrote:
eman wrote:

That's why Duke's best teams were when they had #1 overall pick Elton Brand, #3 overall pick Grant Hill, and #2 overall pick Jay Williams right?

I'm not saying that they haven't had good players- all I'm saying is that even when they don't have as good players, they still find a way to win. Obvisouly it isn't going to hurt them to have guys like Brand, Hill, and Williams, I'm just saying they can win without them.

A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby aldridg6in » Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:05 am

CC wrote:
eman wrote:

I'm not saying that they haven't had good players- all I'm saying is that even when they don't have as good players, they still find a way to win. Obvisouly it isn't going to hurt them to have guys like Brand, Hill, and Williams, I'm just saying they can win without them.

Almost every year Duke has 4, 5, or 6 McDonald's All Americans. If that's not classified as having talent then I don't know what is. Give both Duke and UNC teams without any McDonald's AAs and see what happens. It won't be pretty.
aldridg6in
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby eman » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:26 pm

UNC probably has more McD's AA players this year, so we will see what happens then. So far it looks like they're pretty dang even.
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

PreviousNext

Return to College Football