Postby YankeeDeuce » Wed Aug 28, 2002 5:38 am

Here is my team in a 12 man league right now:
K. Warner, B. Griese
C. Dillon, W. Dunn, L. Smith
K. Johnson, K. Johnson, E. Moulds
B. Chamberlain, R. Dudley
S. Janikowski, . Peterson
Broncos, 49ers

Since both my kickers have byes week 3, I am going to drop one and pick up someone. Do I go with a RB like M. Anderson, K. Barlow, J. Anderson or T. Hambrick; or should I get another WR - A. Freeman, J. Morton, P. Warrick, M. Robinson, T. Mathis, D. Scott, K. Robinson, K. Dyson or S. Moss.

I had the #1 pick in a 12 team autodraft.
YankeeDeuce

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Wed Aug 28, 2002 6:10 am

If you drop a kicker you probably would want to drop Sebastian Janikowski,as he has looked terrible in pre-season,Longwell will get more chances with the Steelers offense anyway.If you go the RB way,then you would probably want to pick up either Mike Anderson,who will be playing FB this year,or Kevin Barlow,who will be the #2 RB in San Fransisco.If you go the WR way you probably want to get either Johnie Morton,Terrance Mathis,or Kevin Dyson.

Friendliness: %

Postby slowkidz » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:40 am

Longwell and the Steelers??? Did I miss something?!?! 8-o I agree that PETERSON will have plenty of opportunities with Pittsburgh, and Janikowski is just digging a hole for himself in Oakland. So that would be enough for me to dump him...

With that said, your RBs don't look too bad. With Foster out for the next month or two, Smith has his time to shine. I think Barlow would be a good pickup, with all the talk of having two 1,000 yd rushers in SF. You may also want to look for Portis, Foster or even Wells as a back up. I think all three will make their mark this year!

If you're looking for WR, then I would go for Morton. Being the go to guy in KC, he should have a great year!!! Warrick and Dyson are set for a good year as well. The rest are all no. 3 WR, but you should keep your eyes on Freeman, Moss and Robinson in the next few months. I think they will step up a notch or two!!!
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:11 am

I would drop Janikowski as well, as Longwell for sure is the more reliable kicker.
And I would go for Barlow. I think he will get plenty of playing time this year behing an aging Hearst.
ANg Longwell of coz is a Packer, not a Steeler...

But I would even go for more. If you really have just 14 roster slots, I think its really luxury to have two Team Defenses...I would drop one, too. I dont really like either of the two you own, but I trust the Broncos more, so I would put the Niners away.
Get a WR (I would pick up Freeman or Morton, possibly Freeman as he has the higher upside) for it.

You can either drop the Broncos in their bye-week, or drop a bad WR the for a weekly fill in. I think its way enough, and playing the matchups with defenses is more often like playing lotto, so it doesnt help to own two.
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby terpfan » Wed Aug 28, 2002 4:40 pm

MORTON IS PROBLY THE MOST VALUBLE fa ON THAT LIST. THEN BARLOW AND FREEMAN.
oops didnt know i had caps lock on... :-] id drop 49ers and a kicker (i dont know which one, unless one of them IS longwell) and pick up barlow and morton.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby kashikis » Thu Aug 29, 2002 8:50 am

the 2 top players there are J. Morton and then Barlow i would drop a def and one of your kickers. either kicker is worthy of dropping considering they were my two top dont draft kickers . janikowski looks like hes worthless and NOBODY kicks good at heinz stadium the kick % for all kickers there is like 60%. either way try to grab those two players
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby YankeeDeuce » Thu Aug 29, 2002 11:58 am

I dropped the 49ers and Janikowski and got Morton and Barlow. I am also trying to trade W. Dunn and K. Johnson for W. Green and D. Boston. Any ideas on that trade or any others I shoulod try for. Thanks for the input.
YankeeDeuce
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Football Talk