My Pops - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

My Pops

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:34 pm

Metroid wrote:Thanks agian everyone. ;-D

Just wanted to drop my dads name for you Omaha, we share the same name it's Robert but of course everyone calls him Bob.

Got it. We'll drop his name, and yours, to the Big Guy. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:32 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:Thanks agian everyone. ;-D

Just wanted to drop my dads name for you Omaha, we share the same name it's Robert but of course everyone calls him Bob.

Got it. We'll drop his name, and yours, to the Big Guy. ;-D

Metroid... You Da man!
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:17 am

Well my pops didnt actually leave ICU untill sunday evening. He was really hoping to come home yesterday but his heart rate was way too high. Hes starting to get really frusrated and stressed out which doesnt help his heart rate any. He thinks he'll probably get out today but his docter says it could be up to three or four more days. I understand him wanting to come home but what good would it do if he just had to turn around and go back. :-t
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:21 am

Metroid wrote:Well my pops didnt actually leave ICU untill sunday evening. He was really hoping to come home yesterday but his heart rate was way too high. Hes starting to get really frusrated and stressed out which doesnt help his heart rate any. He thinks he'll probably get out today but his docter says it could be up to three or four more days. I understand him wanting to come home but what good would it do if he just had to turn around and go back. :-t

True, but coming home might possibly help to lower his heart rate, maybe.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:27 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:Well my pops didnt actually leave ICU untill sunday evening. He was really hoping to come home yesterday but his heart rate was way too high. Hes starting to get really frusrated and stressed out which doesnt help his heart rate any. He thinks he'll probably get out today but his docter says it could be up to three or four more days. I understand him wanting to come home but what good would it do if he just had to turn around and go back. :-t

Yeah I dont know. His doctor seems very concerned and to be honest he doesnt look very good. I mean I really want him to come home too but not if its going to be life risking. At the same time if he is nearing the end I can understand him want to be at home in his own bed. Man this is rough. :-t
Metroid

Postby Redskins Win » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:11 am

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Yeah I dont know. His doctor seems very concerned and to be honest he doesnt look very good. I mean I really want him to come home too but not if its going to be life risking. At the same time if he is nearing the end I can understand him want to be at home in his own bed. Man this is rough. :-t

oh man, that's rough. i can really empathize with what your going through, and what your pops is going through.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:42 am

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

I see. When my mother went on chemo, she had a really hard time with it. She looked and felt terrible, was extremely weak and all it was doing was prolonging the inevitable. She chose to get off the chemo. Her time was shorter, but at least it wasn't nearly as painful. Tough decisions all around... :-/
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:55 am

I am sorry you are going through this, Met. Sadly, every man, woman, and child on the face of the earth has a date with death. I almost lost my dad in 2005 and I certainly am not looking foreward to going through what you are going through now.

I hope you two have more time together. Meanwhile... stay strong, friend.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby gablefan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:37 pm

I have been praying for "Metroid and his Dad" I think the the good lord has known who I meant. If you need to talk or or vent or anything I am here for ya. Just pm me.
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:16 pm

Thanks agian to everyone. And great news!!! I'm headed back to the hospital right now and dad gets to come home. They performed a procedure where they basicly shocked his heart to slow down his heart rate. It slowed from about 127 to 92. Were not out of the woods yet but at least he gets to sleep in his own bed tonight. We will have nurses coming to the house regularly to monitor him. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks agian for all the Cafe love!!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk