My Pops - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

My Pops

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kilroy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:36 pm

Metroid wrote:Thanks agian to everyone. And great news!!! I'm headed back to the hospital right now and dad gets to come home. They performed a procedure where they basicly shocked his heart to slow down his heart rate. It slowed from about 127 to 92. Were not out of the woods yet but at least he gets to sleep in his own bed tonight. We will have nurses coming to the house regularly to monitor him. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks agian for all the Cafe love!!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

Glad to hear he's coming home, Met. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:28 pm

........ and glad to hear it!!!!! :-°
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:02 pm

I'm happy to hear that the doctors are working with you guys and finding ways to not just keep him as healthy as possible, but as happy as possible. Sometimes doctors decide what's more important for you and I'm glad they're letting the two of you make that decision, to an educated extent.

I know these nurses are just doing their job, Met, but do they know what they're getting into? I'm trying to add some humor here and I hope I'm not the only one that found Met's "will have nurses coming to the house regularly" kind of amusing, considering who it's coming from. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:33 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I'm happy to hear that the doctors are working with you guys and finding ways to not just keep him as healthy as possible, but as happy as possible. Sometimes doctors decide what's more important for you and I'm glad they're letting the two of you make that decision, to an educated extent.

I know these nurses are just doing their job, Met, but do they know what they're getting into? I'm trying to add some humor here and I hope I'm not the only one that found Met's "will have nurses coming to the house regularly" kind of amusing, considering who it's coming from. :-D

Thats awsome! Mmmmmm nurses. :-b ;-D

So were home safe and sound now and I got pops in bed watching College hoops. We talked with the Chaplin at the hospital and discussed Hospice and if it was time to have them start coming in. My dad decided that he would rather continue with the home health care nurses and work with a physical theropist(spl) to try and build up his strength rather than give up and have Hospice come in now. However he has filled out a DNR(do not resuscitate) and decided that he does not want to go to the hospital again but rather call Hospice when it gets to this point again. I wish it did'nt have to be that way but hes just done with the hospital and wants to be at home when the time comes. Can anyone really blame him?

The Cafe has been a great support group for me during these trying times, I cannot thank you all enough. Hopefully dad will surprise me and all his doctors and kick ass for another 10 years but if not I know you guys will be there for me. The Cafe owns all!!!

At some point I'm gonna write a little about my dad and give you all a peek into his background. I think some of you guys would find his life very interesting. For instance hes a veteran of WWII, Korea and Vietnam, he joined the Army when he was 13! 8-o

Thanks again,

Met
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:42 pm

Metroid wrote:At some point I'm gonna write a little about my dad and give you all a peek into his background. I think some of you guys would find his life very interesting. For instance hes a veteran of WWII, Korea and Vietnam, he joined the Army when he was 13! 8-o

Ah, man, I can't wait for that. Make sure you PM me the link so I don't miss this. That's freakin awesome! ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:45 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:At some point I'm gonna write a little about my dad and give you all a peek into his background. I think some of you guys would find his life very interesting. For instance hes a veteran of WWII, Korea and Vietnam, he joined the Army when he was 13! 8-o

Ah, man, I can't wait for that. Make sure you PM me the link so I don't miss this. That's freakin awesome! ;-D

I'll make sure you dont miss it. ;-D
Metroid

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:56 pm

Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Thanks man, I love war stories. I think I posted a short time ago about a WWII vet I met at a wedding not long ago. Amazing stories. :-°
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:32 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:

Thanks man, I love war stories. I think I posted a short time ago about a WWII vet I met at a wedding not long ago. Amazing stories. :-°

My dad has had a tough time going to much into detail with his stories in the past and now thats hes to a point in his life where telling the stories doesnt bother him he cant remember the details(go figure). So they are a little vague at times but still super interesting. I actually went out and got one of those little tape recorders and I'm gonna try and get him to tell me more about his past, not just war stories but his travels as well. The mans been just about everywhere. 8-o
Metroid

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:54 pm

I don't want to miss that either. Those WWII guys..... there's fewer and fewer. I love hearing their stories!

PS. What's up with Donald? Did he get the nose ring when he was stoned?
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby gablefan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:06 pm

Man I am on the edge of my seat waiting for these stories. Both of my Granddaddys served in WWII so everytime they tell a story I am like a kid in a candy store. My one grandad, Cho, has told me one story like half a dozen times and he'll ask me, "Did I ever tell you about the time I cleared the city in Germany?" I'm like "Nope!" Its awesome, I am glad I have the opportunnity to be around him more now. I can't wait Met. ;-D
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk