Free Omaha Red Sox Tix to 1st 5,000 Fans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Free Omaha Red Sox Tix to 1st 5,000 Fans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby disgruntledjetsfan » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:48 pm

congratz and welcome to the hall omaha ;-D ;-D
disgruntledjetsfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby citybirds27 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:20 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
citybirds27 wrote:CONGRATS ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

P.s. track started yesterday :-)

Been puking a lot? That's what I remember most about the first 2 weeks of the season. I puked during every practice under the goal posts.... :-P

Well I guess our practices aren't that hard :-b
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:40 pm

What the Café means to me….

Just kidding.

When I first found my way to the Cafe, I wasn’t familiar, at all, with internet message boards or forums. This was the first, and is still the only, forum of which I am a member. I joined the baseball side first, as that was what I needed help with at the time, and that is why my name is what it is. If I were forced to choose a side, I’d have to pick this side. Sorry, my Darkside brethren. I won’t go into why, but those who care to know, probably do. Speaking of both sides, what do Arlo, Cornbread Maxwell and I have in common?

I was definitely a newbie when I first joined the Cafe and I think some can definitely attest to that. I think I’ve ‘figured out’ how to calmly have a disagreement with someone I can’t see and how to type something without someone becoming offended by it. After all of the ‘discussions’ I’ve had, there’s only one fellow Cafer of which I cannot have a reasonable conversation with (and he’s not over here). I’d like to thank some of you, and you know who you are, who were patient with me at first and might even be able to tolerate me nowadays. I appreciate it.

What’s funny about the Cafe is there is such an array of people here that you can have just about any weird question answered here. I’d be having a discussion with my wife and we’ll be stuck on something we can’t figure out and she’ll suggest that I ‘ask the Cafe’. I did this very thing regarding a firepit not long ago. Come to find out, Met’s a bricklayer and he was able to give me a lot of valuable information. Just one example out of many I’m sure. I hope I’ve been able to help out some of you around here and, if not, I hope I was at least able to amuse you by trying.

I do not consider myself a fantasy football expert, though I think I know more than most (but don’t I think that on just about everything?), nor do I care much about icons and post counts. There’s one icon I desire and it’s not the one I currently have. Someday… For those in the GT Keeper League, I’m at .500, but noticed today that I have scored the most points in our league. Since this is my milestone thread, I will brag here, especially since I won’t be bragging anytime soon about my performance in my other Cafe league I'm in. Good thing it’s a dynasty so I can use the ‘rebuilding for the future’ excuse.

I spend most of my time, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, in the General Talk Forum. I do a lot of trolling through the forums that I don’t regularly post in, however, so I’m able to stay on top of things regarding the very reason we’re all here in the first place. The knowledge of some of the posters here at the Cafe amaze me. The numbers they can pull out and plays they can remember just boggles my mind. Of course, there are exceptions, but they become pretty easy to spot once you’ve been around a while. I like to shoot the breeze, it’s pretty much what I do for a living, so that’s basically why I’m a ‘GT Whore’. Typically, when I’m on the internet, it’s the Cafe. I’m not much of an internet user. I don’t find it all that entertaining, to be honest, but the Cafe is different. I’ve managed to stick around long enough to get to know quite a few of the guys (and girls) around here and enjoy the commentary, whether it be for entertainment or beneficial in some other way.

Knapp, since I forgot about your Hall Of Fame speech, I’m mentioning you here so you won’t forget mine. I remember when I first started visiting GT and began getting into trouble from the start. You bailed me out countless times and, while those occurances have decreased since I almost know what I'm doing, I'm sure I'll continue to require your help with things as my foot is never far from my mouth.

It's an honor to be on the front page of the Memberlist, though with the likes of Dominators and mrblitz coming on, it probably won't last. It's a bigger honor to share a Hall with so many great guys, including two others who bleed Husker red.

I hope this 'speech' will suffice. I know it's no 'Cuna speech, but then, even I don't have that much to say.

Thanks again, everyone, for making the Cafe what it is and making it so rewarding to return to time and time again.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:55 pm

I can feel my eyes watering up. :,-( :-b

Nice post Omaha, you're a true good guy. ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Pete123444 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:00 pm

Grats! ;-D

Thanks GP!!
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby knapplc » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:10 pm

The pleasure has been all mine, good sir. Congratulations again, and welcome to the Hall. I think we Husker fans outnumber those "other" schools in here now. Just like we outnumber most fans in their home stadiums, eventually we WILL take over the Cafe.

:-]
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:33 pm

Congrats ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Metroid » Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:44 pm

Awsome speech Omaha I think I'll just copy and post it as mine when the time comes, it'll be far enough down the road that no one will remember.:-b

I kid of course. Gratz again on the hall! Hopefully the mug appears for you soon. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby citybirds27 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:30 pm

Very good speech ;-D
citybirds27
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk