Will Chad Johnson ever score a TD again? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Chad Johnson ever score a TD again?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Chad Johnson ever score a TD again?

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:26 am

I'm not sure he will....It's the curse of the Irish. The leprechauns got upset w/ his river dance...I'm convinced. TJ Houshmanterrorist is now the Main Vain in Cinci, right?
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mrblitz » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:44 am

Chad will score 2 tds this week. After his grumblings, they would be foolish not to look his way.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FatFoot » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:07 am

I traded him off this week, because I am just disgusted with the idea that he isn't getting reliable numbers. I don't expect 100 ypg and a td every week, but I'd expect a dude of his caliber to average somewhere in the 80 range and to have at least a few TDs. This year,

Chad Johnson is a turd.

Ocho Stink-o.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Alkaholik » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:29 am

mrblitz wrote:Chad will score 2 tds this week. After his grumblings, they would be foolish not to look his way.

you got to be kidding me? didnt u say this a few weeks ago too? lol
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby mattb47 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 11:31 am

Alkaholik wrote:
mrblitz wrote:Chad will score 2 tds this week. After his grumblings, they would be foolish not to look his way.

you got to be kidding me? didnt u say this a few weeks ago too? lol

Well....if he says it often in different places....he'll look like a prophet! :-b ;-)
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby fantasizing » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:04 pm

I know there are problems with the O-Line and Palmer's mechanics are off, but I just think that CJ is not that good to begin with. And you can't blame it on double coverage or crap like that, because S. Smith and TO get "doubled" all the time, yet they still manage to get open and make plays.

Housh and C. Henry are the 2 top WR's in Cincy.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mattb47 » Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:32 pm

fantasizing wrote:I know there are problems with the O-Line and Palmer's mechanics are off, but I just think that CJ is not that good to begin with. And you can't blame it on double coverage or crap like that, because S. Smith and TO get "doubled" all the time, yet they still manage to get open and make plays.

Housh and C. Henry are the 2 top WR's in Cincy.

Also remember that Cincy has better OTHER WRs than Smith or TO have and so throwing them in less coverage is a smarter play much of the time. Also, Smith and TO are more of the explosive types of players moreso than Chad, those are guys that you can give a screen pass to and they can break it huge, not the kind of WR that Chad is. He's more in the type of WR as players like Harrison and Holt (not saying he's as good as them but much less a create your own thing sort of WR).

You can't deny that teams are paying more attention to CJ this year, its just a fact, and Palmer is doing the smart thing and not forcing it to him a ton....although he probably should be looking his way a bit more than he is. CJ is still a very good WR.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:31 pm

+1 to everything mattb47 said. TJ housh and chris henry get a larger percentage of the total passes than the #2 and #3 wides do on other teams, hurting CJ's value. i normally don't draft CJ because of this, i look to getting Holt/S Smith/Harrison/Fitz/Boldin/TO before i look to CJ.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Members Only Jackets » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:33 pm

DUDE! U nailed it!

LOL

I'm glad I treaded for him 2 weeks ago.... ;-D
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigE141 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:46 pm

nooooooooooooo, I finally bench CJ for Andre Johnson and he goes off. And of course AJ just has a 50 yard game
Thanks for the sig, madaslives911!
bigE141
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Football Talk