Will Chad Johnson ever score a TD again? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Chad Johnson ever score a TD again?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Members Only Jackets » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:28 pm

He was the definition of a great BUY LOW player....IMO his low output is flukey & I expect good numbers from here on out. Even when he was underachieving he was doing ok..and still one of the MOST TARGETED WR's..
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LJ's Crush » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:19 pm

JasonSeahorn wrote:he did quite nicely today. and if TJ Housh is gonna be out for a while, then CJ's numbers will surely rise.
Maybe maybe not without Housh teams will probably bring even more pressure to CJ I hope he can still perform but I'am not completely sold on him yet if he does it again then I will trust him but not just yet
LJ's Crush
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Alkaholik » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:28 pm

I heard after the game that Housh was fine....sounds like he probably wont be out, but of coarse there is nothing verified just yet.
Alkaholik
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 22)

Postby chidoy » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:39 pm

Housh is fine...... btw, did OCHO CINCO do anything this past weekend? :-)
10 team / Keeper / 2QB 2RB 2WR Flex TE DEF
McNabb/ Griese / JP / Clemens
SJax / Gore / Julius / T.Jones
Braylon / B.Marshall / Cotchery /Hackett
Gates / Olson
TENN
chidoy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Members Only Jackets » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:36 am

EagleFan68 wrote:
FatFoot wrote:Bah! Traded him just in time for a breakout performance. :P

That's life in FF!

Don't worry,
he'll come back to earth

He's had 1 good game out of 9

uh huh ;-D
Members Only Jackets
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Warhawk » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:43 am

Members Only Jackets wrote:Whenever I "call out" players they respond.

Jamal Lewis is next..although I think he's hopeless..

8-o
Warhawk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby codered7 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:38 am

[/quote]
No... dude is right on, and you're nuts. Chad isn't even in the top 25 receivers this year. He's NOT arguably one of the best receivers in the game. Not this year. There's no such case to be made for him.

Those 3 decent games you mention are NOT the kind of stats you hope for from your number 1 receiver. And those are his BEST scores this year... not his average, nor his lows. Why don't you mention his trash games this year? He's SUCKED this year, plain and simple. Not all his fault, sure, but some of it is, and purely in terms of FF, he's been a total turd this year.

But on point, "back down to earth" = "put up normal numbers." Chad's numbers today are NOT normal numbers for ANY WR, PERIOD. So yes, even if he ends up putting up the 100/1 most of us hoped he'd put up on a weekly basis, that would represent "coming back down to earth."[/quote]

OCHO CINCO ain't top 25? You need another 3 td next week ? OCHO CINCO IS BACK GONNA BE BEST WIDE IN THE 2nD HALF!
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby codered7 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:39 am

FatFoot wrote:
bklik wrote:

No... dude is right on, and you're nuts. Chad isn't even in the top 25 receivers this year. He's NOT arguably one of the best receivers in the game. Not this year. There's no such case to be made for him.

Those 3 decent games you mention are NOT the kind of stats you hope for from your number 1 receiver. And those are his BEST scores this year... not his average, nor his lows. Why don't you mention his trash games this year? He's SUCKED this year, plain and simple. Not all his fault, sure, but some of it is, and purely in terms of FF, he's been a total turd this year.

But on point, "back down to earth" = "put up normal numbers." Chad's numbers today are NOT normal numbers for ANY WR, PERIOD. So yes, even if he ends up putting up the 100/1 most of us hoped he'd put up on a weekly basis, that would represent "coming back down to earth."

OCHO CINCO ain't top 25? You need another 3 td next week ? OCHO CINCO IS BACK GONNA BE BEST WIDE IN THE 2nD HALF!
thnx madaslives911 fo the sig! you da man!

Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ochenta y Cinco! Who?
Ocho Cinco Biatch! O ok.
codered7
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 10)

Postby EagleFan68 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 10:59 am

In 3 weeks Chad went from about the 40th ranked WR in our league to #1
[b]QB's [/b] E. MANNING / KITNA / CUTLER
[b]RBs[/b] R BROWN / WESTBROOK (R BUSH / MCGAHEE / L BETTS / D WILLIAMS )
[b]WRs[/b] ROY WILLIAMS / T OWENS / A JOHNSON / BERRIAN
[b]TE[/b] WITTEN / WATSON
[b]K[/b] GRAHAM
[b]DT[/b] PANTHERS
EagleFan68
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bklik » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:38 am

FatFoot wrote:
bklik wrote:Back to earth? Arguably one of the best recievers in the game needs to come back to earth to play poor games?

Hes posted more than 1 good game too. I dont understand how 6/78/1, 6/99/0, and 6/78/1 arent good.

Maybe you should come back to earth.

But on point, "back down to earth" = "put up normal numbers." Chad's numbers today are NOT normal numbers for ANY WR, PERIOD. So yes, even if he ends up putting up the 100/1 most of us hoped he'd put up on a weekly basis, that would represent "coming back down to earth."

Alright, Im still waiting for a list of 25 recievers who are better than CJ.

By better I mean that YOUD rather have on your team.

I help start you off... Holt, SSmith, Wayne, Harrison, AJ...?
TEAM A
LEINART, farve
HOUSH, ROY WILLIAMS, DRIVER, hackett, bennett, marshal
RUDI, BUSH, JORDAN, green
HEAP

TEAM B
PEYTON
WAYNE, BOLDIN, MARSHALL, gonzalez, marshall
PARKER, GREEN, chester, betts
WINSLOW
bklik
Head Coach