Goof of the Week! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Goof of the Week!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Goof of the Week!

Postby Guttpuppy » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:12 am

Did you play the wrong player this week or did one of your "studs" not produce for you?Vent your frustration here...you can pick your stud of the week in the Gameball post,now vote for your dud of the week. :-t

I personally didn't do that bad this week but I did lose a game that if won would have given me sole possession of 1st place on an NFL.com team.I'll credit Shaun Alexander with this loss as he got me like not even 5 points.I was very optimistic going into the game riding a 4 game winstreak,I leave the game with a bitter taste in my mouth...Thanks Shaun. :-t :~(
Last edited by Guttpuppy on Sat Oct 26, 2002 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby yoda83 » Mon Oct 21, 2002 3:38 am

got cute w/my squad and kept heap on the bench this week. didnt start staley either. i dont feel too bad about that one though.
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby JayM09 » Mon Oct 21, 2002 6:49 am

In one of my leagues, i thought all along i had vick in as my starting qb, but instead i had harrington in. thats what i get for not checking my lineup, as it cost me the game. :~(

I also thought that shaun alexander would cost me in my other league, but i still won to remain undefeated. :-D
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dihall » Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:09 am

Stupid me decided to bench S. Sharpe in favor of Keyshawn and D. Jackson in hopes that he would be starting! :-t What an idiot :~( Also got nothing from Williams and my QB, Farve, left the game with a sprained ankle while Vick sat on the bench racking up points!! I was in first place all alone and now am falling quickly after several disasterous games! :~(
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Homeless » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:17 am

Dud of the year ! D. Jackson ruining my season.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby kswiss » Mon Oct 21, 2002 12:36 pm

Thank you Keyshawn for another rousing performace this week. And shame on Farve for getting hurt and ruining the day for Driver and Glenn.
kswiss
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Guest » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:31 pm

I had lovely MeShawn in the lineup and Old man James Stewart riding the pine.

Still pulled out the win though. Whew!

Friendliness: %

Postby Catch-22 » Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:12 pm

Dud of the week award: Shaun Alexander

Dud of the year award: KeyChump Johnson

Also, played Bledsoe instead of Brooks :~( ...
sat Staley and played Lamar Smith :~( :~( ...
dumped Sharpe for McMichaels on Friday :~( :~( :~(
Catch-22
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Duds

Postby DraftDodger » Mon Oct 21, 2002 4:30 pm

In one of my nfl.com leagues I started A-Train over Fred Taylor, meaning in tonight's game I need 21 points out of Harrison and Pollard for a Win, versus the 7 points I would have needed for a relatively easy victory.

It's definitely time for the likes of A-Train and Jimmy Smith to ride the pine (or get the boot all together). I broke my cardinal rule of playing my producers; hopefully it won't cost me the matchup, but it was foolish and sentimental on my part (I thought A-Train deserved the start after his heroic deed). A-Train produces okay numbers but it's going to take alot to get him out of my doghouse.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby RockemHard » Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:12 pm

my dud of the week goes out to Garrison Hearst simply because he continues to give me heartburn. :~( While riding the pine, he puts out 130 total yards and two scores against the New Orleand D? who'da thunk.
RockemHard
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Next

Return to Football Talk