1st time player could use some help!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

1st time player could use some help!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

1st time player could use some help!!!

Postby Christy2z0 » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:33 am

Thanks in advance for an opinions you offer, this is my first time and let's just say...I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I AM DOING!!! (ha ha)

Here's the set-up...

There were 17 rounds, I had 1st draft (go figure) and we start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, and 1 STD ( I really hope I am explaining this right). Here's my "team"!!

QB's K. Warner (1st)
Drew Brees (4th)
C. Weinke (15)

WR's Keyshawn Johnson (3rd)
Chris Chambers (7th)
Kevin Dyson (8th)
James Thrash (13th)

RB's Ricky Williams (2nd)
Michael Pittman (6th)
Clinton Portis (9th)
Ron Dayne (14th)

TE's Freddie Jones (5th)
David Sloan (12th)

K's Brett Conway (10th)
Steve Christie (16th)

STD's Patriots (11th)
Seahawks (17th)

And that sums it up, I could really use some constructive criticism and would even appreciate hearing if ANY of these picks were worth a damn!! Thanks for all of your help!!!
Christy2z0
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan » Wed Aug 28, 2002 9:19 am

Hi there!

First of all, your team doesnt look that bad at all. For your first draft, this really looks fine.

Ok, a bit criticism:
If you really picked first overall, I would have picked Faulk. Not that Warner is a bad choice, but I think Faulk is a little better. I also think, Brees was picked a little high, considering he plays his first year as a starter, I think round 4 is a little wasted.

On the other side, WIlliams in the second, Chambers in the seventh and Portis in the 9th round are looking pretty good right now.

Some tips: Consider if you want to drop Weinke (your other two QBs are solid enough, you dont need a third one) for a WR with a good upside potential. I dont know whats available at the wire, but I would do that, also I am not sure if owning two defenses is worth it, maybe drop one again in favor of a WR or a RB. The more WRs and RBs you have, the better it is, as you never really know who wiull shine or who will fall. And if you have some more choices it can only be good.
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby SolarfluX » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:04 pm

Brett Conway is nursing a bum hip flexor (he might get cut!), so you might want to dump him and get Feely or another dome kicker (Carney could be a sleeper)... Christie is okay, but I think Feely is better. Also, no need to carry two kickers; just pick one up for your bye-week.

I'd get rid of Dayne and get a diff RB...

Freddie Jones is good, but AZ doesn't use the TE that much, so his value won't be as great.

I agree with Dan, you don't need three QBs. Brees probably won't be valuable except as a bye-week plugin, since the Chargers will feed LT the ball often.

Overall, nice draft for your first time!
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk