Chris Carter going to Miami??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Carter going to Miami???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Carter going to Miami???

Postby dihall » Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:04 am

Has anyone heard if Chris Carter is being picked up by Miami to start playing after the bye? I heard that yesterday but can't find any other information about it. If anyone has heard that, let me know. My team is quickly loosing ground after scoring a miserable 23 points this past weekend. I may try and pick him up from the FA list if he is becoming available. Thanks for your insights! ;-D
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fntsyrookie » Mon Oct 21, 2002 9:28 am

I haven't read the story, but apparently they've reached a verbal agreement and pending a physical he will sign. We'll see.
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby slowkidz » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:56 pm

Here's the latest...

Cris Carter came out of retirement and out of the broadcast booth Monday to join the Miami Dolphins, signing a one-year contract to bolster their injury-depleted receiving corps. Carter will have two weeks to get ready for Miami's next game at Green Bay on Nov. 4. "I think it's going to be a great addition to our team," coach Dave Wannstedt said. "It's probably going to take him a couple of weeks to learn the offense and get in playing shape. How quick all that happens will determine how much he plays."

This is a recent update from TSN.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby cwebb » Mon Oct 21, 2002 1:58 pm

Go get him! He might be your playoff hero!
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby slowkidz » Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:07 pm

If you're in a Sandbox league, he's not there yet. I looked this afternoon and he's no where in their listings. They may add him on Wednesday with other new players. Just an fyi.
slowkidz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Champion

Postby dihall » Mon Oct 21, 2002 2:12 pm

I in a private league through Yahoo! I looked on the free agent list today and didn't see anything. Do they add new players on Wednesday? Does anyone know? :-o I need desperate help! My WRs have done virtually nothing for me. I need all the help I can get. I did see the same press release on the ESPN website earlier today Slowkidz. Hopefully the others in my league aren't trying to do the same thing! ;-D Anyhow thanks for all of your all's info. If anyone has heard anything else, let me know! Thanks!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby terpfan » Mon Oct 21, 2002 5:22 pm

it will take him a week or two to get settled in so i wouldnt pick him up quite yet if u didnt really have anyone to drop. he will probably be solid for u later in the season if u can afford a bench spot for him...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby sssshhhh » Tue Oct 22, 2002 11:11 am

Carter is up on Yahoo but he has to clear waivers before he is yours
sssshhhh
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby gavin256 » Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:52 am

yuppers carter appeared on yahoo yesterday and is on waivers. I have requested him. Just waiting waiitng waiting. Im pretty sure i got em. :-)
gavin256
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk