Yahoo took the Tampa Bay touchdown away. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Yahoo took the Tampa Bay touchdown away.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Yahoo took the Tampa Bay touchdown away.

Postby luckybd » Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:41 am

and gave McCardell a return touchdown.

It cost me the game in one league, Im no longer in first. Did anyone else lose cause of this?
luckybd
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Murray » Sat Oct 11, 2003 6:01 am

This is worse then when they switched Travis Henry's lost fumble to Drew Bledsoe in Week 1.
Murray
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:12 am

I think they got it right now.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby jeru » Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:00 pm

Agreed. This is the correct scoring of it, because there's no way people with the TB D should get credited for a TD when an offensive player scored the TD. If that caused you to lose, your victory wasn't legitimate in the first place. The other thing is I think they still need to remove the fumble recovery from the TB D for that play too.
jeru
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Orange and Blue » Sat Oct 11, 2003 4:41 pm

The defense is not a particular set of players. It is the unit that is on the field when the other team has the ball. As such, I think TB's D keeps the fumble points. The other option is to give the fumble points to McCardell, but then there's the debate about whether the points go to the player who recovered, or the player who forced the fumble. Either way, a fumble WAS forced, and SOMEBODY needs to get points for it.

I like McCardell getting the TD points, though. He scored the TD, he should get credited with it. If he gets credited with it, nobody else should, since only he did any scoring.
CP:TD::Sanders:Smith
Orange and Blue
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby zombiez » Sun Oct 12, 2003 10:12 am

Tampa's D should get that.......thats how the NFL stats it
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby dgroundhog_ffc » Mon Oct 13, 2003 12:42 am

Nope, Tampa's D in no way, shape, or form should be credited with the TD unless your league has specifically addressed this issue and decided otherwise ,hopefully before the season started.

In one of the first posts I made on this subject I warned that you cannot trust the NFL and it's stat keepers to make a clear ruling that will not change from game to game. This is not the first time this has happened (obviously). The stat keepers are partly to blame because they wish to classify all tackles as a defensive stat, and thus invoked the 'change of possession' rule. The NFL stat keepers I guess don't play fantasy football, and apparently do not think their rulings thru to their logical conclusion (being if teams DO switch sides, there is never, ever a defensive TD scored. Special teams maybe, but never defensive).

It's amazing how they can screw this up so badly game after game and still not have a clue about how their own rule works.

Miami briefly was credited with a defensive TD today when McMichael recovered the fumble (never a change of possession). The stat keepers still don't know the rule.
The meek ain't gonna inherit $#!%....'cuz I'll TAKE IT!
dgroundhog_ffc
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby zombiez » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:49 am

Its always been like this, as far back as I can remember, thats why years ago in our league, we decided to use the NFL for official stats, ends all controversey......and truly makes more sense
zombiez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Paladyr » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:57 am

That's the only logical way to score it. The offense doesn't transform into the defense. If it did, we would NEVER have defensive touchdowns.
Paladyr
General Manager
General Manager

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Mon Oct 13, 2003 4:56 pm

Orange and Blue wrote:The defense is not a particular set of players. It is the unit that is on the field when the other team has the ball. As such, I think TB's D keeps the fumble points. The other option is to give the fumble points to McCardell, but then there's the debate about whether the points go to the player who recovered, or the player who forced the fumble. Either way, a fumble WAS forced, and SOMEBODY needs to get points for it.

I like McCardell getting the TD points, though. He scored the TD, he should get credited with it. If he gets credited with it, nobody else should, since only he did any scoring.

The thing I don't like about that theory is, when McCardel got the ball, wouldn't TB be on offense now again????
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Next

Return to Football Talk