Any New England fan....I got a question.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Any New England fan....I got a question....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Any New England fan....I got a question....

Postby bryan1327 » Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:57 am

As a person who's team..the Browns..went thru the Belichick era...I know how tight lippped he is about...well...any team football news..I also know he is not afraid to bench starters and put some one else in...like the whole Kosar thing here or the Bledsoe thing there...

So...my question...does Cloud look like he can become the next starter there...with Smith and Faulk, hurt or really not producing....does Bill even act like he likes him...That seems to play a big part in his decions too..

Any thoughs or info would be nice...

Thanks..
bryan1327
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mark161 » Sat Oct 11, 2003 8:55 am

Belichick will always run at least 2 RB's, but he seems to be able to find the endzone, so they may use him in goal situations,so he might be good for point production.
Mark161
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dazedncnfz » Sat Oct 11, 2003 11:20 am

He seems to find the endzone?...Why becuase he scored for the twice last week? Give me a break......He was a backup before coming to NE and has only played one game (only part of the 2nd half at that) and only because Smith got hurt....

This guy is not the man in NE and is only seeing any kind of playing time becuase of injurys to Faulk and Smith...He is unproven and is not a worthy starter, he is only a fill in for right now...Bill gives no indication that he either likes or dislikes him, the only thing Bill wants is to try and establish the running game and he feels right now that a healthy Faulk is the one to do it...

Deep down he knows just as everyone else does in NE that none of the 3 backs are worthy starters anymore and someone needs to be brought in for next year, unless they could pull something off this year, which is highly unlikely...

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby M_Zimm_ffc » Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:53 pm

I don't think that any NE RB can ever be trusted for points.....ever.....at least the RBs they have now.
M_Zimm_ffc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ondeckb » Sat Oct 11, 2003 3:59 pm

As someone who's watched Cloud for several years....I say sit tight on this one. I'm thinking last week was an aberration. He never showed that much here in KC. Maybe his coming home to Boston will bring about a resurrection....but i doubt it.
ondeckb
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FF Newb but Lovin it_ffc » Sat Oct 11, 2003 5:44 pm

I have Cloud, and I will not put him in until he proves himself worthy. He is playing Giants this weekend who stink against the pass, but do pretty well with the run. Don't buy into the hype, play someone who has consistenly produced for you. You saw Belicheck, he would throw in his Grandma if he thought it would throw the other team off. If this guy goes in there and repeats for a couple of weeks, then he will be a safe play...if you have him now you are gambling like me. I am hoping he does produce for two more weeks then I am going to trade him as quickly as possible.
FF Newb but Lovin it_ffc
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk