Jason Campbell Era Begins... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Washington Redskins

Jason Campbell Era Begins...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby skinsfan » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:47 am

Redskins Win wrote:as well as a stud RB rookie and DL, this is Ladell's contract year. skins are screwed when it comes to re building for the next 5 years.

Portis is 25 years old. I don't think this team will need a stud RB for a very long time unless (A) they trade ports or (B) he has a horrific career-ending injury. Note that his injuries this year haven't been to his legs, so we're still doing fine with him. The hand will heal, as will the shoulder if it hasn't already.

For my money, when healthy (and he has been most of his career. He's started all but a handful of games since his rookie season with Denver) Portis is a top-5 back in the league, and the only backs I could imagine taking over him would be Tomlinson, Alexander (when healthy), and possibly Larry Johnson. Most likely I hold him equal to LJ or a little higher due to his ridiculous speed.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:11 pm

skinsfan wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:as well as a stud RB rookie and DL, this is Ladell's contract year. skins are screwed when it comes to re building for the next 5 years.

Portis is 25 years old. I don't think this team will need a stud RB for a very long time unless (A) they trade ports or (B) he has a horrific career-ending injury. Note that his injuries this year haven't been to his legs, so we're still doing fine with him. The hand will heal, as will the shoulder if it hasn't already.

For my money, when healthy (and he has been most of his career. He's started all but a handful of games since his rookie season with Denver) Portis is a top-5 back in the league, and the only backs I could imagine taking over him would be Tomlinson, Alexander (when healthy), and possibly Larry Johnson. Most likely I hold him equal to LJ or a little higher due to his ridiculous speed.

I didn't say anything about portis, i think he still has a few years on his contract, i said we need to replace ladell. while I agree with you on clinton, 1 back can't do it all, you need a stable of RBs. you're a little crazy holdin portis higher than LJ.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:08 am

Redskins Win wrote: you're a little crazy holdin portis higher than LJ.

Have you seen him run enough? Portis shreds through the defense. He has 7TD, and a good portion of those have been long runs (Skins don't get in the red zone often...). At the very least, I'd take him over any NFC back except Alexander when all are healthy.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:33 am

skinsfan wrote:

Have you seen him run enough? Portis shreds through the defense. He has 7TD, and a good portion of those have been long runs (Skins don't get in the red zone often...). At the very least, I'd take him over any NFC back except Alexander when all are healthy.

of course, i've seen mr. stumble bumble enough. i know 7 td's is pretty good and yeah i can't see a whole lot NFC backs doing well right now. tiki everyone else
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PrOuD_SkInS_FaN » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:36 pm

Redskins Win wrote:
skinsfan wrote:

of course, i've seen mr. stumble bumble enough. i know 7 td's is pretty good and yeah i can't see a whole lot NFC backs doing well right now. tiki everyone else

Alexander is the most overated back in the nfl, yes hes great for fantasy but, if you actually watch him play, he doesent do nothin spectacular that your average startng rb does. hes only looked great in recent years because of the goliath type lune he has, if you dont belive me, go look at his yards after first contact, its amoungst(prolly spelled the word wrong) the lowest in the league. And dont even try to say that elusive that he rarely gets touched. This really showed this season when half his goliath type line left the team. In the 3 games he played this season he averaged less yards per carry then Edge. IMO portis is just as good or better then any back in the nfl, because not only can he score from any part of the field and catch passes just like a reciver, portis can block almost as good as a lineman, and hes is the main reason mark brunnel can still walk with all the blitzing linebackers he has picked up in the last 2-3 years
AKA PrOuD_KnIcK_FaN
cutting out a render-15 mins
finding stocks-10 mins
picking a text-5-20 mins
loosing to Wicked 3 times-priceless
PrOuD_SkInS_FaN
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Graphics Expert

Postby terpfan » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:43 pm

Portis is one of the best RBs in the NFL. Rock is a decent backup, and I have to think we will probably keep one of either Duckett or Betts. We are fine at RB.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:25 am

PrOuD_SkInS_FaN wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:
skinsfan wrote:

Alexander is the most overated back in the nfl, yes hes great for fantasy but, if you actually watch him play, he doesent do nothin spectacular that your average startng rb does. hes only looked great in recent years because of the goliath type lune he has, if you dont belive me, go look at his yards after first contact, its amoungst(prolly spelled the word wrong) the lowest in the league. And dont even try to say that elusive that he rarely gets touched. This really showed this season when half his goliath type line left the team. In the 3 games he played this season he averaged less yards per carry then Edge. IMO portis is just as good or better then any back in the nfl, because not only can he score from any part of the field and catch passes just like a reciver, portis can block almost as good as a lineman, and hes is the main reason mark brunnel can still walk with all the blitzing linebackers he has picked up in the last 2-3 years

I've always been a big Alexander fan and have been watching himdevelop since his Rookie year. I saw him rack up the yards in a game that otherwise the Skins dominated about 4 years ago, and was just as impressed in person with his running style as on TV.

Alexander is a North-South runner who, surprisingly, has very good lateral movement along with a spectacular stiff-arm. The thing about Alexander is that there's no weak point in his running game (disregard this season. He's been hurt all year). He can run people over, drag tacklers, burn the secondary, and do everything inbetween.

Without a doubt Alexander's the best pure runner I've seen since 1990 excluding Barry Sanders who was simply a freak.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Redskins Win » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:29 am

terpfan wrote:Portis is one of the best RBs in the NFL. Rock is a decent backup, and I have to think we will probably keep one of either Duckett or Betts. We are fine at RB.

I dunno, i think both are gone after this season, as cap casualties.
Rock is not a good back up. he's an alright return guy but as a back up, I don't think he has what it takes to take the pounding if starter goes down.
Image[/quote]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Redskins.14 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:20 pm

GO SKINS!!!!!!!!!
Redskins.14
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:38 pm

I'm thinking Gaines Adams - DE, Clemson is where the 'Skins are headed with the '07 1st rounder... The pass rush has been pitiful for too many years, now... And it's not often that we'll have a shot at a guy like that... Adams would be an immediate impact player...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Washington Redskins