Close Call - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Indianapolis Colts

Close Call

Moderator: Football Moderators

Close Call

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:17 am

Anyone else here feel like we're playing to the level of our competition?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:56 am

It seems like Peyton isn't the one playing to the level of the competition, it is the other guys who are turning the ball over. Peyton played pretty much the same as he had been, high percentage of completed passes, very few mistakes, just the other guys were letting you down a bit (Utecht for example).

Even if Lindell makes that FG, Indy was moving the ball with relative ease and I think you guys would have still pulled off a methodical, time-consuming drive to win the game.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Indys_time » Mon Nov 13, 2006 3:03 pm

Exactly what I am thinking about. We play good enough to beat our opponents. If we played the Bills like we did against the Broncos or Patriots we would have killed them. Hey as long as the Colts win who cares. right

9-0.
Thanks to Joelamosobadiah for another great sig
Indys_time
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Nov 13, 2006 4:51 pm

I suppose a win is a win, but we can't keep expecting Peyton and the offense to bail us out every week. This week it was a bit of good fortune that helped garner a win. I just have a hunch that things won't turn out when the playoffs start and the truly great teams face us when the chips are down.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:02 pm

I think the Colts look like they always have, except without Edge picking up stats. I have to say, if they lose in the playoffs again, which is very possible, they need to change something bad, despite how good they start off with the reg season
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby petedog9 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:11 am

Whats the word on Stokeley?? He has been all but non-existant to date. I am thinking they may shut Marvin and Wayne down once they clinch like they have in year's past and Stokeley may get some late season love.

Is he healthy, playing????
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby mattb47 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:18 am

petedog9 wrote:Whats the word on Stokeley?? He has been all but non-existant to date. I am thinking they may shut Marvin and Wayne down once they clinch like they have in year's past and Stokeley may get some late season love.

Is he healthy, playing????

I really don't think they will BECAUSE of what has happened in years past. They have always sputtered a bit in the playoffs, and I think them sitting their starters too early in the season is one of the big reasons for it. I think they will keep their starters till week 16 this year and let them sit in 17 personally. Stokely has been injured all year.....not sure what his status is.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Indianapolis Colts