This sucks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

This sucks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby dihall » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:04 pm

O.K., I will give you the girls' perspective. Not that I have had any experience dating for a long time (almost 19 years), but I know things change a lot when you go to college. Especially if your boyfriend is not there with you. Those years in college change a person a lot and it just sounds like she was ready to move on. It sucks, but like everyone else has said, it is probably best that it ended now and not after it was too late.
I had an ex-bf in college who did everything he could to discourage me from dating my now husband, it just flat out turned me off. There was no way in he** that I was going to get back with him, no matter what he did. I just wanted him to leave me alone. I say, go your own way. She may see you doing your own thing and realize how much you did mean to her or realize it was really time to move on. Either way, it is a good thing to just let it go for now. Doing something "macho" or following her around like a puppy dog is just going to push her away even farther. There are plenty more fish in the sea!! You still have plenty of time to find the perfect girl! Sorry about it, but you are probably better off! ;-D Good luck J and hang in there!
Don't ever underestimate the girls!!

Let's go DAWGS!!
dihall
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby J2thez929 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:33 pm

Thanks for all the support guys, and girl. I'm sure everyone has gone through rough spots with relationships in their lives. I guess this one hurts the most b/c it's my longest relationship so far. I will take everyones advice/input, as well as my friends/family and try to make the best of everything. Not to be corny, but this is another reason that makes you guys here at the Cafe great ;-D
Last edited by J2thez929 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Guru13 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:47 pm

to be quite honest with you, i know very little about relationships, but I have a great deal of common sense, and common sense tells me to wait and see how long she's single, if it's less than a week and she's with that guy, you don't have a chance at all, she's probably been cheating (don't take that offensively) and left you for more of a reason than whatever she told you. sorry if that sounds harsh. but sorry for what happened, that's gotta be tough.

edit: for some reason this comes off sounding very mean, and it wasn't intended that way, it almost sounds like I'm insulting your common sense, which is totally not the case, just letting you know that if it comes across that way, I'm sorry that was not the intent.
Last edited by Guru13 on Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:48 pm

Get yourself a severance pop and move on. Don't forget to post naked pictures of her all over the internet. ;-D

For real though, I don't know what you can do. Other than walk away, I don't think much will be successful. Perhaps you could stay friends with her, but that might be too painful. I've gone both ways with my exes -- remained friends and totally cut ties. Other than the benefits and booty calls, you may realize you are better suited as friends. Further down the line, she may hook you up with some of her friends.

Finally, and most importantly, don't get too down. It may feel like the world is collapsing on you, but things will brighten up. Even if you don't see a light at the end of the tunnel, things will eventually get better.

Best of wishes, J2! ;-D
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:57 pm

Jimboozie wrote:Get yourself a severance pop and move on. Don't forget to post naked pictures of her all over the internet. ;-D

I concur ;-D
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:09 am

lmcjaho wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Get yourself a severance pop and move on. Don't forget to post naked pictures of her all over the internet. ;-D

I concur ;-D

Yeah, I had plenty of severance pops last nite. Can't wait till the weekend. :-D

I'm heading down to Columbus for the weekend so that should take my mind off things :-)
Go Bucks and Browns ;-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:09 am

Women.

Can't live with 'em.

Pass the beer nuts.
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:23 pm

J2thez929, maybe she can't stand the thought of being with a Browns fan. :-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby gablefan » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:29 pm

Thats just COLD Lung!!! :-b
gablefan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby J2thez929 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:30 pm

The Lung wrote:J2thez929, maybe she can't stand the thought of being with a Browns fan. :-D

Hmmm..Good point. Well if thats the case I'm glad she is gone! Browns before hoes :-b
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk