Microsoft Zune - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Microsoft Zune

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:11 pm

Ipods are very user friendly, as is Itunes, and the Music Store, even if you don't buy from it and say Download songs from Limewire theres no problems with the Ipod or Itunes, very simple.

The help and support forums for Apple is pretty good stuff too, if theres a problem your guarenteed to have at least one other person with that issue and you will be able to resolve it fairly easily.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sandrock » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:56 pm

I own two ipods and haven't found a reason to buy a Zune.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:51 pm

I would personally go with an ipod- if you have a mac, definatly the ipod, cuz i dont think zune's work on them.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby The Balanced Man » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:27 pm

I would go a different direction...

The Archos AV500 or the Archos 604

30 GB, plays all forms of Songs, Video, holds photos, and get this...

IT RECORDS TV AND DVDS.

You can tape your favorite shows and take them with you.

They also have a version with WiFi. They are sold on Amazon, and you can find reviews on Cnet.
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:45 pm

The only downfall I see with the IPod is its inability to play .wma files but they can be converted to mp3s anyways.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:43 pm

i just got a 30 gig creative zen vision: m. video, music, documents, whatever. it's a portable hard drive. it's pretty kickass. the thing that sucks is i have an ipod. and the zen doesn't recognize the mpeg layer 4 that apple uses. so half of my library is worthless until i convert it all. :-t

proprietary BS. i hate it. anyway. the zune is in its first production run. all of microsoft's first run stuff sucks. if you're going to get a zune, wait for a generation or two. until then, i'd look elsewhere. and not to apple either. 3 months ago i would have said differently. but this new player is really awesome.

check it.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby bobbing_headz » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:48 pm

moonhead wrote:i just got a 30 gig creative zen vision: m. video, music, documents, whatever. it's a portable hard drive. it's pretty kickass. the thing that sucks is i have an ipod. and the zen doesn't recognize the mpeg layer 4 that apple uses. so half of my library is worthless until i convert it all. :-t

I'm thinking into a Vision:M. Is it worth getting over say an IPod. I have an old Zen Touch so I'm leaning towards the Zen. Would consider Zune but don't know much about it.
Less C*** More Rock
bobbing_headz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moonhead » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:51 pm

bobbing_headz wrote:
moonhead wrote:i just got a 30 gig creative zen vision: m. video, music, documents, whatever. it's a portable hard drive. it's pretty kickass. the thing that sucks is i have an ipod. and the zen doesn't recognize the mpeg layer 4 that apple uses. so half of my library is worthless until i convert it all. :-t

I'm thinking into a Vision:M. Is it worth getting over say an IPod. I have an old Zen Touch so I'm leaning towards the Zen. Would consider Zune but don't know much about it.

honestly, i can't tell you a whole lot. i just won this thing at work like tuesday, so i haven't had a whole lot of time to mess with it. like i said about the ipod, if you ever decide to switch to a different portable a/v device then you have to recode your entire library. because all the music you ripped into itunes won't work on any other device. so that's something to think about.
moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: questioning your fanhood...funk o'meter: funkalicious

Postby vitalogist » Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:58 pm

believe the hype. buy an ipod. two words.

SMART PLAYLISTS...

gives you the ability to make the machine know what you want to hear better than YOU know what you want to hear... no other mp3 player does anything like it...
vitalogist
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:10 pm

Yeah I've heard great things about the Zen, and was trying to think of the name to mention it when I posted yesterday but couldnt but my tongue on it. Although I don't know any one who personally has a Zen I hear they are a good buy as well ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk