Gears of War? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Video Games

Gears of War?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Gears of War?

Postby Twisted Sister » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:52 pm

Anybody have it yet... does it live up to the hype?
Twisted Sister
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:57 pm

Don't have it yet, but I've heard that it does indeed live up to the hype. I was worried it would be another Killzone (hype was about the same) but it's gotten the reviews to back it up. 9.5+ on pretty much every major review site and I've only heard good things from 99% of the people that have played it.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby confused_jake » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:09 pm

I played it at my friends house and it is an amazing game. usually i dont like third person shooters because they are usually hard to aim and stuff but this game pulls it off perfectly. the only part i played was the first 2 levels of co-op mode. my friend said the only downside to the game is that it isn't very long.
confused_jake
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:36 pm

i got it yesterday. graphics are insane...mechanics of the game are kind of complex....takes a bit of getting used to. pretty graphic which is cool. nothing quite like cutting something in half with a chain saw. so far its pretty intense...my buddy already blew through the game and he didnt even really play it that much, so i can attest to the statement about it being too short. going to check out multiplayer on live tonight.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:36 am

Im sure multiplayer is the best part anyway. I cant wait to get this game, but my 360 is broked. :,-( Once I get it back from Microsoft I'll get GOW... but at that point I'm sure Ill just wait for Christmas.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby NittanyLions » Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:10 pm

Let us know about the Live multiplayer Deluxe. I've been trying to think of the best games to ask for. Will probably ask for this one, especially if live is good. I need to get live hooked back up after the move :-o ;-D
NittanyLions
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LJ's Crush » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:12 pm

I was really hooked on the game up until my 360 decided to um break down peice of crop i still play it ever now and then took about 15 fuc6%^#^ tries to finally get the system to play the game and then it worked about 3 times until broke again peice of sh!hj but the game is great.
LJ's Crush
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby dgan » Sun Dec 03, 2006 7:00 am

LJ's Crush wrote:I was really hooked on the game up until my 360 decided to um break down peice of crop i still play it ever now and then took about 15 fuc6%^#^ tries to finally get the system to play the game and then it worked about 3 times until broke again peice of sh!hj but the game is great.

That post is hilarious in so many different ways......
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby Bravos of Steel » Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:02 am

dgan wrote:
LJ's Crush wrote:I was really hooked on the game up until my 360 decided to um break down peice of crop i still play it ever now and then took about 15 fuc6%^#^ tries to finally get the system to play the game and then it worked about 3 times until broke again peice of sh!hj but the game is great.

That post is hilarious in so many different ways......

wasteddddd

but still, I'd like to know how live on multiplayer is too. I'm thinking about asking for it, and Live's the only way to go.
Bravos of Steel
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby deluxe_247 » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:22 pm

the multiplayer is pretty sweet....i havent mastered it yet, as ive been hooked on COD3 online. its 4 on 4 on multiplayer, which is a good number for the level sizes. its single death only, so you need to be fairly careful...but the games still dont last super long with a limited amount of players. a really cool feature is that when you die....you can choose any of the remaining players in the game to "follow" with a camera and watch them continue to play.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Video Games