Song Editor? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Song Editor?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Song Editor?

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:17 pm

I'm currently looking for some application or program or whatever for a PC, that will let me edit copies of many songs and put them together as one big song.

Like say I'm making a pump up mix, well instead of having hte full version of each song I want to edit parts of lots of songs and put them in in any order I want and whatever.

Does anyone have any idea were I could get something like this? preferably free, but if you know something I can purchase mention that too, and if anyone doesnt get what I'm saying just post and I'll try and be more descriptive.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Song Editor?

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:30 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I'm currently looking for some application or program or whatever for a PC, that will let me edit copies of many songs and put them together as one big song.

Like say I'm making a pump up mix, well instead of having hte full version of each song I want to edit parts of lots of songs and put them in in any order I want and whatever.

Does anyone have any idea were I could get something like this? preferably free, but if you know something I can purchase mention that too, and if anyone doesnt get what I'm saying just post and I'll try and be more descriptive.

Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/) is a nice free audio editing program. It doesn't have many frills, etc, but it does a nice free job.

I have used Cakewalk's line of programs and they are very good, but will cost you a pretty penny. Same for Steinberg Cubase.

I have used a prgram called Cool Edit, now called Adobe Audition that works pretty good too, but again it runs around $400 :-t

Hope this helps.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:33 pm

I use MP3 Surgeon.

http://www.mp3surgeon.com/

It's $30, but it's very easy to use and works great. I use it to extract songs I like from Trance sets and make my own compilation CDs. ;-D
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:20 pm

Thanks guys, I'm gonna look into them ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:33 pm

Oh, and for these pay ones, is anyone willing to send it to me for free?

EDIT: Yeah...nvm I didn't feel right saying this, and because frankly it isn't right so forget that I said it.
Last edited by aaawall91 on Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:09 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Oh, and for these pay ones, is anyone willing to send it to me for free?
:-t

First of all, I don't personally have any of these programs anymore and illegal file sharing is not looked kindly upon by many here at the cafe :-o
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:17 pm

Yeah, I felt really aquared even asking that, I'll just retract my statement.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby joelamosobadiah » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:18 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Yeah, I felt really aquared even asking that, I'll just retract my statement.

Yeah, but most of the sites will allow you to download a 30-day trial version I believe. That way you aren't blindly buying something at least. ;-D
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:19 pm

Yep I know what you mean, I've done this with many photo editors deciding what I like the best.

Decided GIMP is the best for my price interest and my uses.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to General Talk