Article says Tom Brady is a weak play this week... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Article says Tom Brady is a weak play this week...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:26 pm

I love how you are trying to tell me that stats don't tell the story, yet are coming up with this ridiculous 5 INT/1 TD in the last two games line. HE tossed 4 INTs and no TDs versus Indy. This is Green Bay. It's a new week and a new game. One bad game does not equal a trend.

Edit: Sorry that wasn't you with the stats, you can disregard that last rant. But I really think that that two game total being thrown around is really misleading.I also noticed that "last two games at Gillette" comment in addition to the statline. But they play at GB this weekend?

Home- 5g, 103/179/1079/6/6 (57.5%, 216/1.2/1.2)

Road- 4g, 77/125/975/9/3 (61.5%, 244/2.25/.75)

PS: 255/1/1, 4/21/0 is a very respectable fantasy statline. Tom Brady outscored Peyton Manning last week.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:08 am

I think this game has shootout written all over it, and I wouldn't hesitate to start Favre or Brady. Brady didn't have a great game last week, but it wasn't horrible either. I think he'll bounce back at Lambeau, and Kensat's prediction of 275/2 sounds about right.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby mystykoekaki » Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:15 am

Unless you have Peyton Manning, start him. He is only a second tiered QB start this week though, so please temper your expectations on how he might do. Good luck.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:32 am

Sorry, but I refuse to believe that Brady will continue to struggle. Especially when he's going up against the worst pass defense in the NFL. It's a sneaky bit of advice from Yahoo, but one I'd pass on taking to seriously.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Midway » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:26 pm

I dunno, apart from last year, Brady was never a great fantasy QB. And both he and his receivers have been inconsistent this year. Also, Brady has never played in Lambeau field, and may have to get adjusted to the wind. If I had someone like Brees, Romo, Kitna, I'd consider starting them ahead of Brady. People need to stop living in the past, Brady is not the top 5 QB he was drafted as this year. He's dropped to about 3rd tier with guys like Farve, Delhomme, even McNair.
Midway
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mrblitz » Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:44 pm

I wouldn't listen to any article offering advice other than from right here at the Cafe. :-b Has Brady had a couple bad games? yes. Has he also been one of the more consistent numbers guys over the past few years?Yes I wouldn't sit Brady for any reason personally.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:24 pm

btw, al "pass interference" harris is not that good, I don't hold him in too high of a regard.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Popcynical » Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:45 pm

Don't you love Yahoo? :-b
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby tclangham » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:12 pm

Im glad I didnt listen to Yahoo! I started him in my ESPN league and he got me 27 points! I hope no one else listened to that article.
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)

Postby BillyHallDisciple » Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:15 pm

[quote]

Wow. Adjusted to the wind in Lambeau? That one takes the cake for overcoaching. Brady's been playing in the league a while... won an AFC Championship during a blizzard, remember that one?
BillyHallDisciple
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk