Will someone please tell.... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Will someone please tell....

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Vlad the Impaler_ffc » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:08 pm

Will someone please tell me why Matt Millen still has a job?

Seriously, what other profession allows you to fail at about a 90% clip, yet lets you keep your job? Airline pilot? "Well, he lands one out of every ten planes cleanly, so let's keep him around." Surgeon? "Sorry sir, Dr. Millen accidently sewed your A$$ to your face. It's been happening a lot lately, but we're hoping he turns things around." I wouldn't trust that guy to operate the squishy machine at 7/11, yet for some reason, he is still the boss of the Lions.
Vengeance is mine.
Vlad the Impaler_ffc
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:17 pm

Will someone tell me why a few hours after I posted this....

Metroid wrote:Will someone PLEASE tell football players they're playing football and not basketball. Every time I see a football player make a play and then do that stoooopid looking jump shot crap I want to vomit. A special thanks to the Giants, whichever one of you thought it was clever or cool deserves to be smacked. Its even invading college football, I swear I saw at least 5 different players from 5 different teams do it on Saturday.

....ESPN ran a whole segment on that stoopid "ballin" jump shot crap? :-#

Chalk up another reason why MNF is lame. :-t
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:26 pm

Metroid wrote:Will someone tell me why a few hours after I posted this....

Metroid wrote:Will someone PLEASE tell football players they're playing football and not basketball. Every time I see a football player make a play and then do that stoooopid looking jump shot crap I want to vomit. A special thanks to the Giants, whichever one of you thought it was clever or cool deserves to be smacked. Its even invading college football, I swear I saw at least 5 different players from 5 different teams do it on Saturday.

....ESPN ran a whole segment on that stoopid "ballin" jump shot crap? :-#

Chalk up another reason why MNF is lame. :-t

I'm really starting to dislike MNF because of all this... stupid stuff going on. IMHO, I think that ballin' thing is the dumbest thing in the world and I loved when the player on Houston did it in the Giants defense face ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Bomb Squad » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:08 pm

Will someone please tell me why the Giants insist on running the ball well into a losing game when they are down by two scores. It is so obvious that Eli is much more productive in a hurry up, shot gun type offense. He does great in the 4th quarter usually because he has to pass. Ditch the run! Throw the ball to your play makers!
Bomb Squad
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby D3C4K » Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:49 am

lmcjaho wrote:Will someone please tell Philip Rivers that Gates is not just the thing he drives through to get to his house?

For crying out loud - throw him the damn ball already!!!!!!! :~(

On that note, will someone please tell teams facing the Chargers to stop doubling off of LDT to cover Gates. Bumping Gates off the line of scrimmage with a linebacker, then following that up with a double team from a safety may do a nice job of keeping him in check, but there's one, tiny little problem: IT MEANS TOMLINSON TORCHES YOU FOR 4 TDS A GAME! Keep your damn linebackers and safties honest, and be content with holding the Chargers to 28 or less with 150 all-purpose and 2 tds from LT2 and 90 and 1 td from Gates, rather than 38 or more with 200+ all-purpose and 4 tds from Tomlinson, 70 yards from Gates, plus 2-3 other receiving tds from wrs left wide open when you try to both double Gates and stack 8 in the box on LDT. Tired of Malcom Floyd, Vincent Jackson and Brandon Manumaleuna getting all the receiving tds... :-t :-t :-t
QB - C. Newton
WR - L. Fitzgerald
WR - S. Smith (Car)
RB - M. Turner
RB - C. Johnson
TE - A. Gates
W/R/T - B. Wells
K - S. Janikowski
DEF - NYJ

BN - M. Ryan
BN - J. Battle
BN - P. Thomas
BN - J. Ringer
BN - V. Cruz
BN - B. Pettigrew
BN - SF D
D3C4K
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby BMadd » Fri Nov 24, 2006 12:39 am

Vlad the Impaler_ffc wrote:Will someone please tell me why Matt Millen still has a job?

Seriously, what other profession allows you to fail at about a 90% clip, yet lets you keep your job? Airline pilot? "Well, he lands one out of every ten planes cleanly, so let's keep him around." Surgeon? "Sorry sir, Dr. Millen accidently sewed your A$$ to your face. It's been happening a lot lately, but we're hoping he turns things around." I wouldn't trust that guy to operate the squishy machine at 7/11, yet for some reason, he is still the boss of the Lions.

lmmfao....rack him!
BMADD
BMadd
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Panthers89 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:20 pm

Will someone tell me why the Raiders had Two Monday Night Football Games this year? :-t
Panthers89
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eman » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:25 pm

So did the Hawks! ;-D

Will someone please tell me why Colorado ever thought they had a chance against NU?
eman
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:14 pm

Will somebody please tell the Detroit Lions fans that it wasn't Joey that made them bad? :-b
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby biju » Fri Nov 24, 2006 7:22 pm

Will somebody please tell Jon Gruden not to abandon the running game so early? I'm tired of seeing a 4th quarter series of two or three great runs by Caddy just to get Gradkowski to throw 3 straight ducks and punt, or to throw a pick.

:-t
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting