007 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sandrock » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:55 am

I hated it. I think the idea of going back to the roots was a huge mistake. This movie just doesn't have the bond feel or the bond flare. It's akward watching the transformation and as was said before, by the end of the movie it's starting to feel like a bond movie. It just seemed like a waste of time to me.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lmcjaho » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:33 am

Sandrock wrote:I hated it. I think the idea of going back to the roots was a huge mistake. This movie just doesn't have the bond feel or the bond flare. It's akward watching the transformation and as was said before, by the end of the movie it's starting to feel like a bond movie. It just seemed like a waste of time to me.

By Bond feel or Bond flare you must mean "Pierce Brosnan feel" or "Pierce Brosnan flare" because this movie definitely had the right feel to it to me. Then again, I hated the Brosnan era other than Goldeneye...

The last few Bond flicks were all about the toys - storyline came dead last after cool overdone gadgets and big effects. Connery-era Bond was more like this one - storyline first, effects and gadgets second...

Give me the new Bond over the Brosnan Bond anyday of the week thank you.
Sig courtesy of Soty - muchos gracias amigo!
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby josebach » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:31 am

I liked it a lot. Craig can really act and the fact that he actually shows emotion and even bleeds makes it a little bit more realistic. The dialogue in the movie was really good.

"A little to the right" :-b

It wasn't perfect nor did it reach my unrealistic expectations, but it was pretty damn good.

I give it a B+.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Nov 20, 2006 7:47 am

I'll be seeing it. I love James Bond movies and I really don't care who plays Bond. I think the only 1 that really sucked was Timothy Dalton. Otherwise I think they've all been good as Bond in their own ways.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to General Talk