Is it alright to fixed a screwed up schedule? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Is it alright to fixed a screwed up schedule?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Is it alright to fixed a screwed up schedule?

Postby wildthing2022000 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:54 pm

In a league I run, I messed up the schedules before the season started even though I had a set schedule. I didn't really notice it till now and I just fixed the schedule to the set schedule I had earlier, am I right in doing this or should I have left it alone?

Ex. In the screwed up schedule I had 1 team play 3 teams twice instead of just 1 time.
wildthing2022000
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby wildthing2022000 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:30 pm

So no opinion from anyone? I was just wondering because after I did it someone was complaining about it, how finished games shouldn't be changed even if done in error. I'm just curious if what I did was right or not.
wildthing2022000
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby TheRawDAWG » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:01 pm

wildthing2022000 wrote:So no opinion from anyone? I was just wondering because after I did it someone was complaining about it, how finished games shouldn't be changed even if done in error. I'm just curious if what I did was right or not.

Finished games? I wouldn't agree with changing the schedule of games already played. I'm not sure I agree with changing ANYTHING after the season starts. But thats just me. If you INTENDED to do it before the season and you're the commish it's cool I'm sure.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby LJ's Crush » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:35 pm

Yea you may have made a mistake but i think it's way to late to change it and if no one noticed or said anything before I would just let it ride.
LJ's Crush
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Deathwarmedover » Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:55 pm

I agree it is too late to change anything now. Especially retroactviely to games already played. Once the season starts I think it is a bad idea to change anything involving scoring, scheduling or keeper rules.

Steve
Deathwarmedover
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgan » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:27 am

This actually happened in our league, but the Commish caught it in week 4 or something. He put it up for a league vote, and we agreed to correct the schedule since it didn't impact games already played.

You can't change games played...period.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:36 pm

DON'T affect games already played... you can't change Ws and Ls retroactively...

However, if you are changing the schedule for the upcoming 2 or 3 weeks, then yeah go ahead change it... if anybody challenges you on it, ask them what it matters to them...
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk