Why is this team out of the playoffs, what did I do wrong? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why is this team out of the playoffs, what did I do wrong?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby climbmda71 » Mon Nov 20, 2006 11:20 am

I can relate. I'm struggling for a playoff spot, and my team on paper looks pretty good. My points against is the highest in the league by a good margin. I had a bust or two from the draft, and I've had some bad luck by going against teams on their highest scoring week of the season. Here is my roster:

Hass - Grossman
SJax - M. Bell - Caddy - Jones-Drew - A. Thomas
Colston - Driver - Ward - Glenn
Winslow - Cooley
J. Reed
KC Def

Hass getting hurt didn't help, and now Colston, who I picked up after week 2. M. Bell has been an off and on bust, and Caddy a total bust. My WR's have been great except for yesterday.

I can still clinch a playoff spot with a win next week, but we put 8 of 12 teams in the playoffs. I'm just hoping I have Colston back for the playoffs. I'm hoping I can snag Henderson in the interim to hold me over.
Some people are like slinkies... They don't really do anything, yet you can't help but smile when they tumble down the stairs.
climbmda71
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby swyck » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:01 pm

Gnu314 wrote:Sometimes you just have bad luck. Starting the season that team was looking pretty darn good.

Just hang em up and wait for next year.

Exactly. That's not a bad cast of characters at all. H2h is all about the weekly matchups and big weeks.
swyck
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DrSpackle » Mon Nov 20, 2006 1:50 pm

I'm accustomed to making the playoffs year in and year out. This year, both my money league teams are horrible! The longer I play fantasy football, the more I realize just how much luck is involved.

My big shortcomings this year were injuries, bench out playing starters and bad trades. And it's very easy to look back now and see this. After all hindsight is always 20/20. All any owner can do is draft a team and set a line-up. The rest is out of our hands.

I feel ya! This has been my worst FF year ever. :~(
DrSpackle
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigMusky » Mon Nov 20, 2006 3:04 pm

This team is 5-6 and pretty much done after leading the league in scoring up until this week. My entire division is 5-5 and I had the tie breaker. Last games are all division games so I could still make it, but it would be a long shot with the injuries this team has suffered.

McNabb
Alexander/K Jones
T Bell/M Bell
Holt
A Johnson/Ward
Heap
Knaedning
Eagles/Vikings

but I dont blame luck. I traded away some depth to upgrade starting positions and that is now costing. I dont like blaming schedules because there were definitely things I could have done to improve this team during the season.
BigMusky
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk