BCS Update - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

BCS Update

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Sandrock » Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:59 pm

Eh, one of my friends who was at Oregon State in 2000 when my Beavs went to the Fiesta Bowl told me only 1200 tickets went to students. 1600 doesn't seem that unreasonable.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1422
Joined: 1 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Reser Stadium; lamenting the D-Line for 2011

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:11 pm

Students get season's tickets as it is- they see every home game- keep in mind the schools need to make money
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Postby ShoelessJoe » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:21 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Students get season's tickets as it is- they see every home game- keep in mind the schools need to make money


BCS, Bowl Game tickets, and away game tickets are the same price for alumni and students. Students don't get a break for those games so they school doesn't lose any money by selling those tickets to the students.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1621
Joined: 1 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gainesville, FL

Postby knapplc » Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:36 pm

I think the reality is that students don't typically travel as well to bowl games as alumni do. It has something to do with living in abject poverty (for most of them, anyway). :-b
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Dec 02, 2006 11:53 am

ShoelessJoe wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Students get season's tickets as it is- they see every home game- keep in mind the schools need to make money


BCS, Bowl Game tickets, and away game tickets are the same price for alumni and students. Students don't get a break for those games so they school doesn't lose any money by selling those tickets to the students.


Right, but they lose money if not all the student tickets get sold.
Image

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 7746
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The Big House

Postby ShoelessJoe » Sat Dec 02, 2006 1:57 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
ShoelessJoe wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Students get season's tickets as it is- they see every home game- keep in mind the schools need to make money


BCS, Bowl Game tickets, and away game tickets are the same price for alumni and students. Students don't get a break for those games so they school doesn't lose any money by selling those tickets to the students.


Right, but they lose money if not all the student tickets get sold.


All of the student tickets at UF always get sold... for away games, bowl games, nuetral site games, and championship games. That is not a problem. The only foreseeable problem that I see with the selling more tickets to students is that they don't bring as much money to the city where the bowl is taking place (which could in the future make the bowl not pick that team) and not wanting to piss off the alumni/boosters.
Go Gators
ShoelessJoe
Head Coach
Head Coach


Posts: 1621
Joined: 1 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Gainesville, FL

Previous

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:55 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact